Job ID: 140043
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, CRH Americas is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Job Description Summary
Perform a wide range of duties to safely and efficiently produce precast concrete products of the highest quality standards
- Accurately read and interpret drawings and blueprints
- Cut, bend, place, and tie steel rebar
- Prepare steel molds for filling with concrete
- Place concrete in molds from pour bucket
- Finish fresh concrete with trowel after placing in molds
- Disassemble steel molds and remove hardened product following day
- Mold/form building
- Facility maintenance and housekeeping
- Product yarding and truck loading
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Education / Experience
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience setting up molds and/or aluminum panels
- Construction experience preferred
Knowledge / Skills / Ability
- Ability and willingness to learn and be trained
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Must work safely and be team oriented
- Good attendance and positive attitude
- Required physical examination
- Knowledge and skills to use basic tools
- Knowledge of basic measurements and how to read a tape measure
- Understand and can apply basic mathematical skills (adding, subtracting, multiplication and division)
- Industrial plant environment
- Frequent walking/standing (6+ hrs./day)
- Lifting may be required with assistance provided if needed
- Frequent climbing of ladders
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.