***NOTE*** If you are interested in this position, please apply at this link: http://bit.ly/2BBCyD A
Do you love writing about technology? Do you enjoy helping people learn things and solve problems? Are you the person everyone comes to for help in understanding how something works in a language they understand? If so, we need to talk.
Lifewire, one of the largest tech sites on the web, is looking for a number of experienced freelance technology writers who share our passion for creating content that leaves readers feeling educated, empowered, and understood. We’re looking for writers who think of themselves more as technology educators than journalists.
The audience we reach is not that of a tech enthusiast. No breaking news, insider jargon, or snarky pieces here. Technology is super important to our readers because of how it makes their lives better, not because they obsess over the technology itself. Our writers take pride in understanding this audience and knowing how to speak to them.
* 3+ years demonstrable experience writing about consumer-facing technology
* Strong research skills
* Experience writing for a web-based publication
* Very high comfort level and demonstrable experience writing straightforward, practical, and instructional-style advice on technology
* Ability to write on a breadth of technology topics, across popular platforms and devices
* Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meeting staggered deadlines
* Willingness to work closely with an Assignment Editor and Copy Editor AND attend an initial video conference call
* Terrific skills in screenshot-taking and finding great images for your content
* Experience with a WordPress-style CMS
* A working Google Account and familiarity with Google Sheets
Nice to have:
- Experience working as a remote freelancer
- Experience working with an Assignment Editor and Copy Editor
- Demonstrable experience documenting processes
- Demonstrable experience creating curriculum or other educational content
- Experience creating animated GIFs or custom imagery
- Active social media following
Do not apply using Monster. Your information will not be seen if you do and that would make all of us very sad. Instead, please apply using this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfstXlZ5GVpNYSbL9L8X5WKAKDJO97JYIyqcmH7HsdSKW3gNg/viewform If we like what we see, we'll be in touch. Thank you for your interest!