Growing audiology practice seeking a full time experienced Front & Back Office Specialist. Must
be able to multi-task and have excellent customer relation skills. Duties include
answering phones, scheduling appointments, registering patients, verifying insurance
benefits, billing insurance, data entry, simple cleaning of hearing aids and assisting the providers in various tasks.
- Data entry.
- Welcoming patients who have appointments in the clinic.
- Informing Providers that patients have arrived in the clinic.
- Rooming patients when their appointment begins.
- Processing payments for appointments (taking payment, issuing receipts, marking off
payment on electronic patient files).
- Assisting Providers on various tasks.
- Answering telephone calls, making appointments for the clinic, taking messages for
- Checking email and phone messages for the clinic and pass on to the appropriate
- Processing hearing aid repairs – filling out appropriate repair paperwork and/or calling
manufacturers to process repairs.
- Processing hearing aid orders – filling out appropriate paperwork and/or calling
manufacturers to place orders.
- Contacting patients when hearing aids are ready for collection after repair
- Contacting patients to schedule delivery appointments when hearing aids are
- Arranging couriers for sending packages to manufacturers.
- Confirming clinic appointments (by mail and telephone).
- Creation and organization of electronic medical records (includes data entry and
ability to scan documents)
- Ensuring waiting area and exam rooms are clean and tidy at all times, stocked with
supplies, and supplies are reordered as needed.
- Identifying when parts, batteries, stationery, etc. are in need of reorder and placing
- Obtaining physician referrals for patient appointments.
- Billing Insurances for services rendered.
- Accounts receivable – Posting payments in the database.
- Accounts payable – Paying for any outstanding invoices with vendors.
- Any other duties within the staff member’s level of competence as required.
PROBLEM SOLVING AND JUDGEMENT
Exercise judgement in straightforward tasks, independently solving problems with reference
to established rules and procedures. For example, judgement will be made on how to use
urgent appointment slots (typically filled on the day previous to the clinic day). Recognize
when requests for information from patients need to be passed on to appropriate staff
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills, email skills, word
processing, and computer skills
- Careful attention to detail – THIS IS A MUST
- Ability to work as a team member or individually
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to be compassionate
- Neat and well-groomed appearance
- Previous customer service experience.
Position is full time – 40 hours / week. We offer paid time off and 401K (after a specified time for each) and training provided for the right candidate.
If you feel that you meet these requirements, please follow these guidelines: submit a cover
letter and resume with experience and qualifications through this posting and use “Front & Back
Office Specialist” in your subject line.
- Applicants unable to follow submission guidelines will not be considered.
- Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.
- Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers