TITLE: Front End Specialist
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Operations Supervisor
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexibility in scheduling; early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays required.
This Team Member has to provide excellent customer service and an experience that exceeds customer expectations. The Front End Specialist impacts the company by satisfying our customers who shop at our stores, driving rewards sign ups of new members and ensures existing rewards members are asked for their loyalty cards during each transaction. The individual in this role trains Team Members to smile and say “Thank You” to each customer they service. The Front End Specialist acts as a backup for the Team Members and is responsible for all front end transactions. Specialists may work in multiple areas of the store during each shift, therefore flexibility is key. This Team Member must act with the A.C. Moore Values in mind: People, integrity, desire to be the best, passion, enthusiasm and new ideas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide an excellent experience for all customers by providing and training for exceptional customer service.
- Drive high checkout speed and accuracy by ensuring adequate cashiers are open and lines are being managed.
- Perform advanced transactions such as price adjustments, refunds and exchanges.
- Ensure product placement and displays reflect planner direction and front end planogram integrity.
- Supervise, oversee, and assist Team Members with front end functions; will ring registers, as needed.
- Ensure customer issues are brought to the attention of the MOD.
- Replenish merchandise on shelves and displays in the front end area.
- Trains and coaches all Team Members to drive reward card signups in order to meet company expectations.
- Drive Gift Card sales to meet company expectations.
- Answer telephones with standard A.C. Moore greeting.
- Perform timely cash reconciliation prior to store opening, counting cash register drawers and prepare tills to go into register.
- Follow all maintenance and recovery standards per Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) at the front end area.
- Organize returns at the front end according to department.
- Assign registers to Team Members based on store schedule.
- Schedule meals and breaks to ensure sufficient register coverage at all times.
- Forward Team Member call outs to the Manager on Duty and complete daily call out log.
- Assist with cash register certification training for new hires and recertification for all Team Members as required.
- Communicate front end supply needs to the Operations Supervisor.
- Handle light janitorial duties such as sweeping, cleaning the restroom and breakroom and taking the garbage to the dumpster.
- Comply with all A.C. Moore policies outlined in the Team Member Handbook, including dress code and attendance, and company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Demonstrate ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- High energy level and positive outlook.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Sound critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- High degree of integrity.
- Computer skills required.
- Experience with arts and crafts preferred.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighting up to 50lbs.
- Ability to bend, turn, twist, kneel and/or squat up to 75% a day.
- Must be able to move about the store and/or remain stationary, up to 8 hours per day.
- Repetitive movement of hands and arms.
- Ability to ascend and descend a ladder safely, preferred.
- Frequently communicates with customers and/or others.
Team Members must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their Manager.