CSI Tech is looking for a Software Developer, Ruby on Rails in Sunrise, FL! We are looking for someone who is passionate and excited about delivering great web experiences. The ideal candidate is a coding dynamo who can evangelize, architect, and deliver solutions with best practices in mind.
The Software Developer works on a team that is responsible for designing and implementing responsive and performant web applications and APIs. We are looking for someone who is passionate and excited about delivering great web experiences. The ideal candidate is a coding dynamo who can evangelize, architect, and deliver solutions with best practices in mind.
The Software Developer will be responsible for the following:
- Design and develop fully tested web applications and REST API’s.
- Proposing and implementing architecture changes to improve availability and performance for key business processes and systems.
- Managing and guiding a team in developing and delivering features on the MDLIVE ecosystem.
- Provide mentoring for junior developers
- Automate the application deployment process.
- Provide support for production systems.
- Develop project solutions both independently and paired with other developers
- Take ownership of the code that you ship
- Write new features with high quality tests
- Fearlessly dive into legacy code and refactor it
- Conduct regular code reviews to improve code quality, design, and tests
- Attend weekly Retrospective meetings to discuss solutions to technical and process challenges
- Collaborate with Product Owners on defining User Stories for team
- Promote culture of Agile Software Development including learning and sharing industry best practices among team
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and open source alternatives
- Complete application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities
- Contribute to team meetings and offer system improvements and solutions
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools
- Update industry knowledge by researching new technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks, and promoting such activities among team
- Explore new opportunities to add value to product and process and present to team
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
At least two years of experience in Test driven development and behavior driven development
At least two years of expertise in architecture, design and development of highly available distributed systems using non-relational databases, key value memory storage and asynchronous messaging frameworks.
At least two years of experience in Web Application and REST API design and development using Agile development methodologies and version control tools
Deep understating of Agile Methodologies
2-5 years: Version Control Systems such as Git, Mercurial, SVN
2-5 years: Ruby and Ruby on Rails
2-5 years: MySQL