Federal Hill Consulting has partnered with an innovative Software Development firm in search of Full Stack Java Developers in Arlington, VA.
· Use your passion to build cutting edge solutions to solve problems with the right technologies.
· Employ the values and principles of Agile development on small teams.
· Support quality development practices and pursue new and better ways to build software.
· Understand and follow emerging design to appropriately meet the business needs of our clients.
· Use what works while keeping an eye out for new and better ways.
· Actively participate in improving the code base by performing code reviews.
· Reach outside the mainstream to adopt the best of all communities: open source, Agile, programming, etc.
· Continuously improve and don't be content with the status quo. Code can always be better expressed, more elegant and simple, and higher in quality.
· 6+ years of web development experience and a 4 year college degree (preferred).
· Web development experience in Java and/or Groovy, Scala, Clojure, etc.
· Full stack development using the Spring Framework.
· Strong database skills with MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
· Cloud – including GitHub, Heroku, AWS, Azure.
· DevOps and Continuous Delivery tools – Jenkins/TeamCity, Vagrant, Puppet/Chef/etc.
· Experience with REST and/or SOAP based APIs consumption and creation.
· Build automation with Gradle or Maven.
· Automated testing with Cucumber, JUnit, Selenium, etc.
· Design skills with experience in object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, database design, and data modeling.