Smartronix, LLC, is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology solutions worldwide to Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, Entertainment and Engineering clients, as well as to Federal, State and Local Governments and the DoD. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner.
Smartronix is seeking a forward thinking, talented and passionate Full Stack Software Engineer/Developer to work as a team member of the Defense Solutions Business Unit of Smartronix, Inc. The ideal candidate will be supporting one of a key DOD/Intel customer to find new ways to discover, understand, and visualize information. This position entails building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. The candidate will be responsible for application development in Python/Django or alternative language while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. Additionally, the candidate will collaborate directly with customers to ensure products meet and exceed operational requirements.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned self-starter that demonstrates excellent communication and problem solving skills with a focus on customer service. While this will be a team-based project, as a Senior Developer, the candidate must be able to perform most functions without the assistance or support of others. Experience is required and expected in establishing cloud-based dev environments, working with databases/data stores, creating APIs, and developing front end interfaces.
This position is located in Reston VA, with periodic local travel to other customer-designated work sites. #CJPOST
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other equivalent degree. Relevant experience can be an alternative to education.
- Must be US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Top Secret / SCI Clearance.
- Ability to document and demonstrate solutions with diagrams, charts, and clean code.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Strong desire to learn and master new technologies.
- Adaptive to different technology interfaces and frameworks.
- Demonstrated independent programming skills across the full stack of SW and app development
- 5-10 years minimum as a developer required, with at least 1-2 years in a senior position.
- 5+ years experience with hands-on experience inPython Programming Language or an alternative programming language desired.
- 5+ years experience with Django and Django Rest framework or alternative related framework desired.
- Preferred experience developing and scripting in Linux based environments.
- Experience with Unix Shell desired.
- Experience with PostgreSQL database technologies preferred.
- Experience with React preferred.