Learn from top people in their fields, from nursing to hospitality to business administration, a team that can give you the mentorship and encouragement you seek. Go to work in an exciting setting that's redefining what retirement living is all about--a place where you can be a part of something bigger. SearStone in Cary, NC has job opportunities with the benefits and rewards that come to talented people who want to do their best work.
Please visit our website at http://searstone.com/careers-cary-north-carolina to view and apply for available positions. No phone calls or walk-ins allowed at SearStone. Applications without a resume attached will not be considered.
Assists in planing for the care needs of each patient assigned to the team. Provides nursing care to each patient, following established policies and procedures. Monitors certified nursing assistants assigned to the team, assuring that personal care needs are met thoroughly and promptly and that schedules for bathing, meals, mouth and other care are fully met and documented. Administers medications and treatments and observes each patient on a continuing basis for changes in condition. Delivers emergency care as needed. When care needs or conditions change, consults the RN shift supervisor and/or the patient's personal physician for guidance. Notifies family of significant change in patient's condition. Uses equipment and supplies efficiently and properly in meeting the care needs of each patient. Charts and documents all care given and monitors the documentation by patient care assistants. Takes an on-call nurse responsibility one week every month.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in planing for and administers nursing care in accordance with physician's orders.
- Monitors certified nursing assistants assigned to the team, assuring that personal care needs are met promptly and thoroughly and that schedules for bathing, meals, mouth and other care are fully met.
- Performs routine charting to include, but not be limited to: observation, admission and episodic charting, weekly and quarterly nursing notes and assignments.
- Completes appropriate documentation for admissions, discharges, and transfer of residents assigned to your team.
- Receives verbal physician orders and transcribes them to the physician order sheet and Matrix.
- Assists physicians when making rounds assigned to your team.
- Reviews patient care and participates in Patient Care planning, where changes are recommended in care procedures.
- Review physician orders to ensure accuracy of eMARs and eTARs; review eMAR and eTAR to ensure complete and accurate documentation of medication administration, including PRN charting, with patient response to the PRN medication.
- Ensures that medications are administered appropriately, following the residents' rights.Maintains inventory of patient medications on unit; orders supplies and medications as necessary.
- Routinely checks each patient assigned to her/his team, notes changes in conditions, and follows through with appropriate action to meet the patient's care need.
- Other duties as assigned
MUST HAVE NURSING HOME EXPERIENCE! Will be required to work every other weekend.
Minimum age ‑ nineteen (19) years of age. Must be a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse currently licensed in the State of North Carolina. A minimum of one (1) year experience in geriatrics is desired. Must be in good mental and physical condition. Must possess leadership and monitoring ability and must be a team worker and dedicated in planning and delivering patient care and in monitoring patient care assigned to the team.
Searstone provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Searstone complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.