All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Make a Delphi Technologies Difference on your first day.
At Delphi Technologies, we are dreamers who do. Our ideas inspire change. Our actions produce change. We collaborate, innovate, and execute with excellence, working hard to deliver a better drive today. And a better future, tomorrow. Join our team. Impact the mobility transformation.
At Delphi Technologies we're about the art of the possible. We make it possible to solve our customers' toughest challenges. And now we are taking bold steps to do even more. We recently announced that Delphi will spin-off its Powertrain segment, which includes our Aftermarket business, into an independent company as of March 2018.
Delphi Technologies will be a Top 50 - Tier 1 automotive supplier with $4.5B in annual revenue, over 20K employees, with operations in 17 countries and doing business with customers in over 150 countries. Powertrain provides integration of full end-to-end gasoline and diesel engine management systems including fuel handling, fuel injection, combustion, electronic controls, test and validation capabilities, electric and hybrid electric vehicle power electronics, aftermarket and original equipment services. Powertrain designs solutions to optimize powertrain power and performance, while helping customers meet new emissions and fuel economy regulations.
As a standalone company, we will be better positioned for continued growth, with the ability to develop more focused and distinct business models, and with more flexibility to pursue their different strategic plans to capitalize on industry trends.
Join the Delphi Technology team as we embark on this exciting transition and become an independent company with a passionate focus on innovative technologies and a commitment to make green possible.
Currently we are hiring Function Development Application Engineer to work in West Henrietta, NY location.
- Apply automotive function control algorithms for current and future powertrain propulsion technologies to representative hardware
- Analyze and interpret performance requirements for validation of algorithms on engines or vehicles
- Review functional requirements and system models to develop test plans and generate calibration instructions for assigned algorithms
- Work closely with algorithm engineers to optimize function design and improve efficiency
- Validate that algorithm design performs to system requirements on available hardware
- Develop rapid prototypes for new and/or modified automotive function control algorithms for current and future powertrain propulsion technologies
- Maintain function calibration instructions to aide future calibration efforts for assigned functions
- Communicate with global application teams and customers to support proper use and application of designs
- Support development and provision of system requirements/specifications to drive component design to meet future control system needs.
- Work with the component engineering teams to apply new components for representative hardware applications
- Flexibility for domestic and overseas travel
- Bachelor's Degree In Engineering
- 6 + months of work related or school related engineering experience
- 1 plus year of experience with automotive organizations
- Possess a valid Driver's License with no loss of license
- Knowledge of modeling and control of dynamic systems
- Detailed knowledge of spark-ignition internal combustion engines, including combustion metrics and analysis techniques
- High level of analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of analysis and simulation tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Self-motivated with a high-level of accountability
- Familiarity with operation of automotive engines and powertrain electrification components
- Gasoline engine and hybrid powertrain control algorithm familiarity
- System optimization experience
- Experience with modeling tools such as MATLAB/SIMULINK
- Knowledge of autocode and rapid prototyping tools
- Knowledge of ETAS/INCA data acquisition program
Delphi Technologies Rewards and Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for Innovation and Excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Dynamic, global career experiences
- Work alongside the best and brightest in the Industry
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Candidates for positions with Delphi Technologies must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Rochester Technical Center, West Henrietta, NY
About the Organization
Delphi Technologies is a technology company whose people focus on solving emissions and fuel economy challenges for the world's leading automotive original equipment manufacturers and provides leading aftermarket service solutions. Headquartered in London, U.K., Delphi Technologies operates technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support services in 24 countries. Visit delphi.com.
This position is currently accepting applications.