The Furniture Installer Supervisor completes furniture assembly and installation as per installation specifications to meet customer satisfaction.
- Provide oversight of furnishings installation teams that must accomplish the following: Delivery, assembly, installation, and repair of office furniture, barracks furniture, dormitory furniture, and case goods.
- Unload incoming furniture trucks using material handling equipment (i.e. forklift, pallet jack, hand truck, etc.)
- Operating delivery trucks up to 26 ft., material handling equipment, and use of lightweight tools. Activities may include using a forklift or pallet jack to move furniture; and lightweight tools to assemble, install, or repair furniture.
- Make good judgments concerning loading, unloading, and arranging furniture and case goods for pick-up and delivery.
- Inspect furniture for proper accountability and operability.
- Ensure that team members exercise a high degree of safety when they move, deliver, load, and unload furniture within warehouses, barracks buildings, dormitories, offices, and other sites on and off the installation.
- Coordinate with furniture vendor representatives and installation site representatives for scheduled delivery of furnishings, access to facilities, and disposal locations and requirements.
- Requires the coordination of temporary labor, rental equipment (i.e. forklifts, dumpsters for disposal, tools, etc.), and preparing the building/facility prior to installation (i.e. wall & floor protection).
- Administrative requirements include but are not limited to timecard tracking for temporary labor, daily report/summary of work performed and issues, expense reports, etc.
- Required travel to furniture installation sites.
- Oversight of furnishings installation crew of up to 10 temporary labor employees
- Timecard approval for temporary labor employees
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Able to operate warehouse and high reach forklifts
- Able to operate a box truck up to 26,000 lbs.
- Able to complete minor furniture, building, and equipment repairs
- Have good communication skills – communication required with furniture vendors & government personnel
- Able to supervise a large temp labor crew
- Computer skills including Email and Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Use of proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Knowledge of OSHA and DOD Safety Regulations
- Knowledge of proper furnishings loading/unloading to/from delivery truck
****this position is in anticipation of award of contract award****
- At least 1 year prior experience as a contract furniture installer, or similar experience, using hand and electrical tools to assemble furniture, operating lightweight moving trucks and forklifts, and using material handling equipment such as hand trucks/dollies, pallet jacks, etc.
- High school diploma or GED required. Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and be at least 21 years of age.
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.
Click Here To Apply