Seeking a Product Manager who understands furniture material, manufacture process as well as product cost well. Prefer individuals who has overseas working experience in terms or furniture industry and sourcing.
The Product Manager works as a team in executing product development, sourcing, and procurement of product management, will need to work with Sales Team and Design Team for sampling and cost/price quotations. Product Manager needs to keep on learning and sourcing new materials and new techniques for bringing in new products.
- Set business developing strategy each season, do market research regularly, manage business in efficient ways
- Work with overseas office/factory and US Design team for product development and make sure new material and technique will be used for new designs
- Understand the strength of each overseas factory and distribute new product development to proper channel
- Check the cost from overseas, making sure it is reasonable and make price quotations and determine the proper margin level for sales channel
- Follow up order includes packaging, monitor production delivery dates, shipping status, & updating our Sales staff & customers on a weekly basis
- Daily follow up of all PO's on progress, problems, approval, delivery issues
- Manage the sourcing process for new product development.
- Follow up on all samples making & costing to ensure all work can be done before the deadline, work with overseas offices, suppliers & vendors to resolve problems
- Ensure quality control process is followed on all samples
- Manage all the furniture shows set up, sample deadline, shipping
- Bachelor’s degree desirable
- 3-5 years’ work related experience in Furniture Production, retail or wholesale background in home fashion product categories
- Overseas manufacturing or sourcing backgrounds at furniture or Hard Good products are required
- Must be strong in Word & Excel as a must
- Must have strong written & verbal skills in both English & Mandarin
- Self-motivated, initiated, accuracy with detail oriented
- Able to work independently with strong interpersonal communication skills as a team player
- Be a quick learner, and problem resolver
- Accuracy with detailed follow up