Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a global Fortune 200 diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 14.5 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 8 major segments with businesses in 57 countries that employ approximately 49,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 16,000 active patents.
ITW Deltar Fasteners serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners totalling approximately $250M in revenues. Units include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The General Technician reports to the Manufacturing Cell Leader. The major areas of responsibility are maintaining production and quality demands.
- Startup/shut down and basic troubleshooting of Injection Molding machines, automation and auxiliary equipment within production cell on 12-hour shift
- Label and package product in compliance with work instructions and customer requirements
- Validating parts for quality (flash, short shots, color, quantity,…)
- Participate in continues improvement projects.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of manufacturing experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Basic Computer skills
ITW Deltar Fasteners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability or protected veteran status.