We are seeking a Gastroenterology trained physician to join us in pursuit of high quality patient care to provide Gastroenterology services including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance.
The Ideal Candidate
- One to three years of gastroenterology clinical experience in an outpatient setting.
- Ability to diagnose and treat a wide variety of gastroenterology conditions and improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate competency in diagnosis and treatment to assure high standards of patient care and safety are maintained.
- Patient-centered approach toward a positive patient experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interest in Population Health Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Detailed understanding of the intestines and gastrointestinal tract.
- Perform a wide range of non-invasive Gastroenterology procedures.
- Examine and treat disorders and diseases of the nutritional problems and malabsorption, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) a host of other disease conditions colon and bowel cancers, including pancreatitis and pancreatic cancers.
- Review patients history and perform physical examinations. Evaluate, diagnose and provide appropriate treatment and patient care.
- Recommend suitable management for the patient, including but not limited to, preventive health recommendations and habits.
- Prescribe medications and formulate ongoing treatment and disease management plans.
- Provide relationship-centered care, taking into account the patients psychosocial and physical needs.
- Collect and record patient information, such as medical histories, reports and examination results. Maintain complete and accurate medical records.
- Communicate effectively with the clinical team to ensure total delivery of quality care.
- Participate in medical staff educational programs and meetings.
Education & Experience
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or foreign equivalent
- Completion of four year post graduate medical training from an accredited residency program in area of practice and three years of gastroenterology fellowship training
- Hold accreditation from the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Gastroenterological Association, and the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Seeking both experienced and newly trained providers
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Gastroenterology
- Must possess current, unrestricted New York State license or be eligible for licensure
- Must possess active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration or be eligible for registration
- Must possess active Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment or be eligible to enroll
- BLS or ACLS certification required but both strongly preferred
- Must possess strong communication skills both oral and written
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Office
Medical Office Hours of Operation
- Monday-Wednesday 8:00AM - 6:00PM
- Thursday 8:00AM - 8:00PM
- Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Saturday 8:00AM - 1:00PM
Competitive Benefit Package
- Competitive Base Salary
- Sign-on Bonus
- Malpractice Insurance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Reimbursement
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan