Bodega Latina Corporation, doing business as El Super, desires an excellent General Liability Manager to add to its Risk Management Team. Our corporate headquarters are in Paramount, California.
This individual will be responsible for administering all aspects of the General Liability claims process with the objective of closing each claim fairly, quickly and at the lowest possible cost.
The General Liability Manager is responsible for effectively managing all external professional relationships including outside counsel and third party administrators. This person develops and monitors external claims handling policies and procedures and ensures that critical information reaches appropriate parties quickly and accurately. The position reports to the Director of Risk Management.
- Regularly advises senior management on the status of claims, loss experience trends.
- Directs and monitors the activities and performance of the general liability third party claims administrator and/or outside Counsel
- Reviews and approves all claim settlements proposed by the third party claims adjusting administrator and/or outside counsel
- Develops and implements general liability claims reporting forms, procedures and activities
- Aids in the selection of third party claims adjusting administration and other general liability program related services and products
- Attend General Liability claim file reviews and file audits to facilitate claim closure, identify exposures and mitigate risks
- Develops and maintain case work-up, document production and review to provide assistance to attorneys in all stages of discovery, depositions, and trial preparation.
- Ability to appear in small claims court as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Professional designations such as ABA approved Paralegal certification or an Adjusters License is preferred
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible experience in an equivalent position for a large corporation - or from practical experiences in a relevant broker/underwriting/law firm capacity
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of wide variety of state laws governing General Liability
- Written and oral fluency in English and Spanish is a preferred.
- Requires highly developed relational, analytical, written and verbal skills