MIDTOWN is looking for a General Manager to add to our world class organization.
About Our Company
MIDTOWN Corporate Office is a pleasant work environment serving our upscale athletic clubs and club management partners across North America. Our team of associates is committed to exceptional performance, delivering our promise to members, and supporting a workplace where everyone can reach their full career potential.
MIDTOWN ATHLETIC CLUBS is an industry leader in upscale fitness and sports resorts. Founded in 1970 as a single tennis club in Chicago, Midtown now has 8 full-service tennis and fitness facilities in the United States and Canada. To learn more, read Our Story.
MIDTOWN HEALTH, sister company to Midtown Athletic Clubs, is a leader in fitness center management and employee wellness solutions for medically-integrated and corporate fitness centers throughout the United States. To learn more, click here.
Our General Managers are strategic leaders dedicated to driving our company mission to inspire members through movement, community, and personal attention throughout all aspects of the club. As an integral part of the team they have a positive impact on the local community and financial success of the organization by:
- Building strong community relationships and promoting the club as world class in tennis, fitness, retail and fitness programming
- Leading by example, taking initiative and demonstrating genuineness, optimism, competitiveness and resilience
- Inspiring team members with passion, energy and desire to win
- Driving revenue by holding sales team accountable for achieving membership goals
- Creating a strong team work environment that enables associates to perform at their best; a place where belonging is a badge of honor
- Fostering associate development through training, education and succession planning
- Holding managers accountable for achieving positive financial results, delivering continuity of service, meeting performance objectives and boosting associate morale
- Managing operational expenses by reducing inefficiencies and eliminating wasteful expenditures
- Actively seeking member input to address concerns and improve quality of experience
Our most successful General Managers:
- Have at least 5 years hands-on General Management experience with a track record of successfully leading multi-million dollar business operations
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sports Management, or related fields
- Have the ability to inspire and lead a wide variety of people to achieve results: work through others to get the job done
- Understand the fundamentals of business ; Sales, Operations, Service and P&L
- Have prior history of reducing expenses, growing revenue and increasing profits
- Are results-oriented leaders who achieve organizational objectives in highly competitive markets
- Demonstrate sound judgment, effective decision-making and strong problem-solving skills
- Have experience building productive teams and managing associate performance
- Are self-confident, highly competitive and resilient
- Demonstrate ability to effectively share skills and knowledge with others
- Possess proficient interpersonal and relationship building abilities
- Actively listen to others and quickly build rapport
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Possess an eye for detail with sound aesthetic judgment
- Are willing to actively participate and engage in all facets of business
Full-time Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.