POSITION: General Manager, Electric Vehicle (EV) O&M
LOCATION: Paso Robles or Costa Mesa, CA (Local / Remote)
PEARCE SERVICES (www.pearce-services.com) is a leading national provider of operations, maintenance, and engineering services for critical telecommunication and renewable energy infrastructure across the United States. Pearce offers innovative, tech-enabled services across its three brands: Pearce Services, MaxGen Energy Services, and World Wind & Solar -- each with a strong reputation in their respective high-growth markets.
MAXGEN ENERGY SERVICES (www.maxgen.com) is the nation�s largest independent service provider for the clean energy industry. MaxGen�s business focus is the planning, design, and construction of electric vehicle (EV) charging and battery energy infrastructure. MaxGen is a specialist in the market and serves many of the major companies leading the electrification of passenger and fleet vehicles.
MaxGen has two major lines of business. The first is the planning, design, and construction of electric vehicle (EV) charging and battery energy infrastructure. The second line of business is comprehensive operations and maintenance services for solar, battery energy storage, and EV infrastructure owners and operators around the United States. The company has a central operations center and a team of nation-wide, highly trained technicians to provide in-the-field O&M services for commercial, industrial, and utility customers and has a distinguished reputation for safety and performance.
The General Manager ofthe EV Maintenance business will be responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of this fast-growing business, which provides field services for EV charging stations, and battery storage locations throughout the US. The successful candidate will have at least 10 years of operations experience in the renewables industry, preferable EV, and ideally a combination of experience in O&M, Manufacturing, Process Development, and/or Supply chain. S/he will combine solid business acumen, leadership ability, technical knowledge, process management, and operational excellence to guide the growth of the business.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic and tactical direction of the organization�s EV operations division.
- Drive positive safety culture and ensure proper safety policies are in place, trained on, and being adhered to at all times
- Management and oversight of all aspects of the EV business unit and team.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Collaborates with other divisions and departments to carry out the organization�s goals and objectives.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, training, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization�s business plan and vision.
- Manage the operations department�s financial planning and controls; determines profit performance goals and ensures they are achieved.
- Hire, train, supervise, motivate, and develop department managers; manages schedules and workflow.
- Establishes and administers the department�s budget.
- Travel as required
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10+ years relevant operations experience including three years in upper management required with P&L responsibility
- Minimum of 5+ years management in the energy industry encompassing operations, maintenance, performance reporting, and management
- Experience in EV field services management (highly preferred)
- Bachelor�s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, or other industry-related field required; MBA preferred
- Strong understanding of OSHA safety requirements including LOTO, Arc Flash, JHA/JSA, etc.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt and comply with Company/Client requirements.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, multi-cultural environment.
- Experience with interviewing and hiring talented and skilled personnel to perform field service work in the renewables space.
- Experience with and understanding of operations and maintenance contracts.
- Excellent technical and non-technical verbal and written communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
Pearce offers a positive and innovative culture with work/life balance, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation/bonus structure, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurances, PTO, and a 401K retirement plan.
Pearce Services believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.