Whataburger has a job opening for a General Manager
At Whataburger, we are a team of Family Members. We take pride in our work. We care about each other. And we love serving our customers. As a Whataburger Family Member, you will belong to something special — a beloved brand with a proud legacy. The values and skills you gain from working at Whataburger will serve you well at every stage of your career. Be part of something bigger — join the Whataburger Family today.
Whataburger is hiring a General Manager to join our Family
Continue your career in restaurant management in a place where you will be challenged and recognized. The skill and experience you bring will be valued and rewarded with competitive pay and executive benefits.
A Whataburger General Manager drives operational excellence and customer service. They make sure that our restaurants are always clean, safe and ready for business.
General Managers also lead every part of the Family Member experience in Whataburger restaurants and inspire Family Members to deliver and succeed. They create action plans based on performance data and financial goals.
Whataburger General Managers will grow through our Restaurant Career Development Path, a professional development program that teaches participants how to advance from learning to mastery of their roles and prepares them for future leadership opportunities.
Whataburger General Managers demonstrate high performing leadership by:
- Coaching Family Members and helping them learn and develop on an ongoing basis
- Communicating and sharing ideas effectively with other GMs, Restaurant Managers and all Family Members.
- Engaging all Family Members and establishing connections through open-door interactions.
- Empowering Family Members by instructing through mistakes, encouraging Restaurant Managers to lead and by willingly sharing Talent with other units.
- Recruiting and building teams with the best people.
- Rewarding and showing appreciation for a job well done.
And they get to do it all as part of a high-energy and rewarding team.
Enjoy Competitive Pay, Flexibility and a Chance to Grow
Whataburger General Managers enjoy:
- A development path that promotes professional growth and internal career advancement
- Industry-leading weekly pay
- Retirement savings matching
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Savings plans
- Time off benefits
- Wellness Program
- Rewards and recognition
- Discounted meals
- And much more
Be part of something bigger. Apply to be a Whataburger General Manager today.
General Manager Position Requirements
- At least three (3) years of experience in the restaurant industry is preferred
- Restaurant leadership preferred
- Advanced ability to communicate, influence and negotiate decisions while motivating staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of back-of-house systems, point-of-sale systems, restaurant operating systems and the Internet
- Strong general knowledge of:
- The Whataburger organization and its functions
- Working practices, procedures and techniques
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of:
- Budgetary concepts and procedures
- Delegating projects
- Performance review process
- Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, managers and direct reports
- Food Handler Certification
- Food Safety Certification (requirement may vary based on city, county or state)
Working Conditions/Travel Requirements
- Report on time, adhere to a full-time schedule and remain available to work all shifts or overtime based on the operational needs of the restaurant. Your presence is vital to operations and ensures you are always prepared for success.
- Travel, both locally and long distances (including air travel), to work sites, meeting sites, and other locations in order to engage in training, coaching, and/or support.
- Take pride in ensuring quality standards for working conditions
- Have a valid driver’s license, submit to releasing a Motor Vehicle Record that adheres to Whataburger standards and maintain current automobile liability insurance at minimum levels in state of residence.
- Must be able to:Lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion
- Stand and sit for extended periods of time
- Reach, bend, stoop, lift, shake, stir, pour, carry and push occasionally
- Contact/immerse hands in water, cleaning and sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood and produce items
- Use computers, telephones and office equipment
Apply to be a Whataburger General Manager
If you are ready to join the Family as a Whataburger General Manager, we are ready to hear from you! All new applicants will be contacted within 10 business days. Join the Whataburger Family today.