Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a General Manager position with with one of the largest public refrigerated warehousing companies in the world. Our client operates in 38 facilities in 9 regions nationwide, with several more scheduled to commence construction shortly. The company has more than 1,800 employees and close to $350 million in sales and with over 270 million cubic feet of warehouse space from coast-to-coast.
Interviews for General Manager positions will be held on July 24 at Orion’s office in Virginia Beach, VA.
The General Manager (GM) is a big job with significant responsibility. This position reports to the Executive Vice President of Operations and Supply Chain. Partnered with the Sales Manager for your facility, the two of you own Profit and Loss and are responsible for profitability, as well as the overall performance of the warehouse, including, but not limited to, operations, customer service, and office operations. Your duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, direct and implement warehouse operations and administrative support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals.
- Selection, professional development, and motivation of all warehouse employees.
- Assist top management in establishing warehouse performance objectives and strategic planning.
- Responsible for the profitability of the facility.
- Accountable for achieving prescribed company objectives regarding cost, productivity, customer service, profits.
- Assure all customer expectations are met.
- Ensure the implementation of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, equipment and products.
- Monitor all inventory, open order, zero lot, bad ticket, production, injury, pallet reports.
- Ensure training and follow through is met for all warehouse information systems to facilitate the efficient operations of the warehouse.
- Track, monitor and report daily sales, tonnage, inbound and outbound activity as required.
- Develop and manage a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue and profit parameters.
- Develop suitable programs for maintaining company standards of sanitation, maintenance, security, housekeeping and safety of equipment and facilities in a manner that assures their most efficient operation.
Locations: Los Angeles, CA
Salary: $90K-$110K base salary. After year one, you become bonus eligible based on profitability of the facility.
Hours: Day Shift. As the General Manager, you must remain flexible to respond to afterhours and emergency calls.
Benefits: Our client offers a wide variety of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, company paid life insurance, employee assistance program, paid leave, flexible spending accounts and short and long-term disability benefits.
The ideal fit for this position is a strong military officer with an exceptional career track (company command type background) to include strong leadership and communication skills. Our client has had success with candidates from all branches of service and all military backgrounds. They want candidates who are excited about the opportunity, motivated to learn and to grow within their company, and are dedicated to their clients. This position is equivalent to owning and running your own business.