Our client is looking for an entrepreneurial, motivated, hands-on General Manager. A brilliant opportunity for an individual to take a young automation company to the next level of growth, as if it was their own. The General Manager is responsible for creating and implementing a strategy to build the company, oversee the growth and development of new business and reinforce current customer relationships.
The ideal candidate will have strategic planning skills, with proven implementation experience, particularly in business growth, customer relations, sales and marketing. The position carries full P&L responsibilities and requires someone with proven leadership abilities and strong communication skills. A broad-based engineering or technical background would be advantageous.
Reports to: Director- based in Australia with bi-yearly trips to the US.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop strategies and set goals for growth
- Review performance data to monitor and measure achievement of growth strategies
- Identify and analyse business risks
- Develop risk management controls and contingency plans
- Create and manage budgets
- Improve financial performance
- Analyse and review accounting and financial data
- Prepare regular reports for Director
Operational and Process Responsibilities
- Oversee daily business operations
- Evaluate and improve operations
- Develop and implement processes and procedures for optimal business operation
- Ensure processes and procedures are adopted and consistent
- Build and improve efficiencies
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes.
- Solicit feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements are being met.
- Collaborate with the Australian and New Zealand teams to provide a seamless customer experience across the Globe.
- Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers.
Sales and Marketing Responsibilities
- Research and identify growth and market opportunities
- Develop and implement marketing plan and sales strategies
- Implement and maintain CRM
- Represent company at industry association events and conferences
- Degree in Business/Management or related, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Proven Track Record leading a business at the leadership level.
- 5-7+ years of directly related work in Operations/Management within a product driven organization.
- Experience re-building a company with a focus on strategic growth.
- Computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and fast learner of CRM and ERP software.
- Solid understanding of financial/analysis tools – budgeting, costing, profit levels, etc.
- Proven track record of motivating and inspiring employees while encouraging teamwork.
- Excellent organizational, project/time management and problem-solving skills; proven ability to meet timelines/deadlines.
- Strong, effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strategic thinker with a solutions-oriented, problem-solving mindset.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Confident working in a fast-paced changing environment.