The General Manager has responsibility and accountability for managing the daily operations of a single Captain D’s restaurant in accordance with Captain D’s proscribed policies, practices and procedures. That responsibility includes all areas of operation of the restaurant, including but not limited to, product and service quality, overall restaurant sales and operational costs.
- Provides the leadership and direction for the restaurant’s employees on a daily basis, including the proper apportionment of work among employees, to ensure the maintenance of adequate workflow processes within the restaurant’s operational structure.
- Attracts, interviews, hires, fires, trains and retains a full work staff; appraises the productivity and efficiency of the restaurant’s employees for the purpose of making and recommending promotions or other changes in status; sets and adjusts the pay and hours of restaurant employees.
- Remains up to date on all current Captain D’s operational policies and procedures in order to train and evaluate restaurant employees.
- Ensures full compliance with all operational policies and procedures; plans and manages the workflow for the restaurant, including but not limited to, the materials, supplies, machinery, equipment, tools and techniques used for that work.
- Establishes and maintains a positive work environment and handles employee complaints and grievances according to Captain D’s operational policies and procedures.
- Orders, stocks and maintains adequate product and other merchandise inventory.
- Ensures food product quality through the monitoring of product shelf life, expiration dates, rotation, product turnover and maintaining proper food temperature requirements.
- Meets weekly cost sheet targets, forecasts sales and controls labor and operational costs based on periodic trends in order to promote same store sales increases and improved cash flow.
- Maintains accounting, payroll and cost control documents, including but not limited to, weekly cost control sheets, inventory reports, and administration prep sheets.
- Maintains company health score standards (90% or above or its equivalent under local law).
- Establishes and promotes good will and a positive dining experience for the restaurant’s customers.
- Participates in and establishes image-building activities within the local community.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of the restaurant and its equipment, including but not limited to any recommended or necessary preventative maintenance.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances, including but not limited to wage, hour and discrimination laws.
- Maintains regular contact and communication with the restaurant’s Area Director and performs other duties assigned from time to time by the restaurant’s Area Director.
The General Manager has the general authority to do all things necessary or appropriate to operate the restaurant consistent with the General Manager’s responsibilities as set forth above, including but not limited to the hiring, firing, promotion, demotion and disciplining of the restaurant’s employees, subject to the approval of the restaurant’s Area Director in the case of any decision to fire and employee.
Education / Experience
o Minimum of 18 years of age to operate motor driven equipment
- Minimum three years of progressive management experience in a quick-service or full-service chain restaurant organization
o Knowledge of all restaurant policies and practices and operational and human resources procedures
- Knowledge of all federal, state and local laws, regulations and codes that apply to the daily operation of restaurants
- Excellent grammar, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills to both individuals and groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Good working knowledge of personal computers with e-mail applications
- Must be able to work at least 50 hours per week.
- Associate Degree in business administration, marketing or a related field
o High school degree or equivalent
Licenses / Designations
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Food Handler’s license
Physical / Mental Requirements
- Continuously utilizes speech, hearing, near vision, eye/hand coordination, color definition, and manual/bi-manual dexterity.
- Frequently stands, walks, reaches above shoulders, bends, lifts and/or carries up to 25 pounds, and works closely with others.
- May require difficult work positions.
- Occasionally utilizes sense of taste and smell, far vision, and step stool; works around chemicals and cleaners; walks on uneven surfaces; lifts and/or carries up to 50 pounds; and operates a vehicle.
Work Conditions / Hours
- Days and hours may vary according to business necessity, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Standard restaurant working conditions.
- May require travel by both automobile and air.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions during travel, including heat, cold, dust, rain, snow and similar conditions.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.
Job Type: Full-time