COVID-19 Update: We care deeply about providing premium service and great employment opportunities; during these uncertain times, that looks a bit different.
To keep employees and customers safe, we deliver a contactless experience, temporarily pausing our in-home setup. Instead, we drop off orders and set up devices virtually - keeping people connected as we all work through this together.
About the role.
As a General Manager, you are the primary voice for the market, responsible for overseeing the performance within the market and for creating unity across the market. You will proactively seek opportunities to improve and develop strategies to encourage growth that aligns with our company goals. You'll ensure your team in market has the tools, resources, and knowledge to do their very best.
Duties & Responsibilities.
- Achieve Field & Fulfillment Operations KPIs, along with managing individual and market performance in alignment with company culture and goals.
- Manage the P&L for the market.
- Attract, develop and retain talent in all roles across the market.
- Build and maintain a strong and connected culture across the market in line with Enjoy’s culture and values.
- Partner with market leaders to identify and resolve gaps in market performance and market operations.
- Collaborate with Regional Partners to address market-specific needs. (People Success, Recruiting, L&D, Field Success & Operations)
- Partner with Captains to plan huddles and ensure they are delivered in a way that inspires, informs, and guides the team.
- Provide continuous feedback to Captains and Lead Experts development through regular check-ins, feedback, coaching, and training.
- Speak to company goals and priorities at a high level and translate that vision into action.
- Surface feedback and insights on the Expert and Visit experience to Coaches and other relevant teams/roles.
- Ensure employee compliance with both internal and partner-specified policies and processes across all teams.
- Share winning strategies and successes across Markets.
- Promote a feedback culture in the Market in line with the Enjoy Values, Qualities, and Skills.
- Uphold brand standards across the market. (Uniforms, Enjoy House, Fleet Vehicles, etc.)
- Obsessed with providing the best Expert experience.
- You proactively seek opportunities to help individuals and strengthen the team.
- You don’t hesitate to share developmental feedback and provide encouragement when times are tough.
- You see tasks through to completion.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, proactive, and offers help and support wherever needed. You don’t hide from problems or let them persist.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment where you are constantly on the go.
- Works well under pressure.
- Respect and promoteDiversity & Inclusionin the workplace.
- You make decisions that improve the lives of others, even if it means more work for you. Not simply a “pleaser”, you have the vision to see when a short-term challenge can yield a long-term gain.
- 5 years experience in a people management role in a fast paced customer service and sales environment.
- Ability to travel for the first two weeks of onboarding and training.
- Ability to work 10 hour shifts, possible overtime, evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and stand for long durations.
- Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record with at least 1 year of driving experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Enjoy is the next generation of retail. We pride ourselves on delivering a new kind of buying experience where our friendly Experts bring the best of the store directly to the door, along with personalized solutions, so you get the most out of your tech. We offer same-day delivery, setup and help for today’s premiere mobile devices; pairing the convenience you’d get from shopping online with the confidence you’d get from a store, all in the comfort of your own home.
Enjoy is a fast-growing startup, currently operating in 50 US locations and the U.K., with more expansion on the horizon. We’re a mission-driven organization focused on bringing joy to people’s lives while creating great jobs for a digital world. This requires a spirit of winning together and a strong growth mindset. We value people who choose kindness and are obsessed with delivering amazing experiences.
Enjoy is founded and led by Ron Johnson, former head of Apple Retail, along with leaders from leading retail, technology, and design organizations, including: Apple, Facebook, Starbucks, Tesla, and Amazon.
This job description is not intended as a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications necessary for the position described herein. The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position are subject to change without notice.
All offers of employment are subject to background checks and drug screens prior to start date. Enjoy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws and Fair Chance Ordinances.
As an equal opportunity employer, Enjoy is proud to maintain a workplace characterized by mutual respect, inclusivity, and the celebration of diversity. All qualified applicants are welcome and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, disability, veteran status, or other applicable protected characteristic under local, state, or federal law.