Hajoca Corporation is the nation’s largest privately held wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating and air-conditioning, industrial pipes-valves-fittings, pool and waterworks supplies for residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure construction. We have over 400 locations throughout the United States, representing the premier product lines in our industry.
Since 1858, Hajoca has been blending the strengths and clout of a large company with freedom and opportunity for employees. The company will continue to grow and prosper because our fundamental business philosophy works: emphasis on entrepreneurial spirit, expert knowledge, strong incentives for our employees, and devotion to Hajoca’s proven business principles of “Service, Integrity, Reliability.”
High-potential candidates with a bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years previous management experience learn every aspect of the distribution of plumbing, heating, and industrial supplies through a rigorous hands-on program lasting from six months to one year. For this reason, our training offers an excellent fast-track option for external applicants interested in transitioning from their current management role (manager, assistant manager, operations manager, sales manager, etc.) to a role as the Manager of a Hajoca location (called a Profit Center).
Our training includes learning about our corporate culture, codes of conduct, and business model. In Hajoca’s decentralized culture, the critical decisions about how to run the business are made by the employees in the Profit Center who understand the unique needs of their local market.
Those who excel in our empowered environment are self-motivated, entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, energetic, and comfortable assuming the same high degree of autonomy and responsibility as a business owner. Profits are shared with employees, so individuals who understand how their actions generate results have the opportunity to enjoy significant financial rewards.
During the training, prospective managers are given guidance from their mentors and region managers in all aspects of running a business (from customer service to pricing products to business operations). Learning occurs primarily through on-the-job experience, and is supplemented with coaching from experienced managers, book and computer courses, and annual workshops with other trainees, managers, and vendors.
After the initial training period, the prospective manager will be promoted to a management position.
This career opportunity is full time and the compensation package includes:
- A competitive starting salary
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- A comprehensive benefits program that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance with prescription coverage, 401(k) and retirement cash account plans, life insurance, long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, an employee assistance program,
- Paid vacation, sick, and holiday time
- Relocation expenses covered
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EOE and M/F/D/V.) We are a drug free workplace, with pre-employment drug screening required. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
All interested applicants must possess:
- College degree or equivalent industry experience
- A demonstrated history of leadership experience
- Retail or wholesale distribution experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain quality relationships with employees, customers, and vendors
- Ability to interpret financial data to determine the success/failure of plans and take the appropriate action to adjust business plans to ensure success
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) skills