General Manager / VP Sales & Marketing / CEO of Business Unit
A Shertz, Texas based perfumes, color cosmetics & beauty products sales & distribution organization. Our organization has been established in the market for 20 years primarily involved in the sales of our brands to the USA, Central & Latin America & Caribbean markets. We sell direct to customers, in wholesale & retail, as well as selling via distributors. We are part of an international business group involved in the manufacture of said product categories.
Reports to CEO based at the Global HQ.
Sales division / Warehouse Division / Customer Service Division / Demand Planning Division / Admin Division will report into this role.
Sales & Marketing Division – 7 people
Customer Service Division – 3 people
Admin Division – 1 person
Warehouse Division – 4 people (full time), plus additional temps
Demand Planning – 1 person
Shertz, Texas, USA
MBA, from a reputable university will be an advantage.
Ideally – undergraduate or Masters degree in a Finance, Accounting related course.
Minimum 20 years of experience in managing businesses or heading business divisions.
Shown continued experience of opening & growing key retail accounts in the USA market.
Must have had experience of working in Health & Beauty, Personal Care, Color Cosmetics or Perfume companies.
CEO / Head of Sales / VP / President / Head of Marketing / VP of Sales / GM of Sales / General Manager / Managing Director / Director of Sales & Marketing
Based in Shertz, Texas the General Manager shall be responsible for the overall profitability and growth of the company.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the profitability of the company.
- Responsible for determining the company’s overall business strategy in conjunction with the group’s CEO.
- Develop yearly budgets, sales targets, and profit objectives.
- Heavy focus on the opening & growing key accounts (medium to large retailers). Family Dollar, Wal Mart, Sam’s Wholesale Club, Costco, Walgreens, CVS, Ulta, Sephora, Forever 21 (refer to list above).
- Working to manage & grow existing accounts, while making them more profitable.
- Analyze and continuously improve the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
- Working with the corporate marketing team to develop and implement a clear & cohesive marketing strategy for the company.
- Leading, training & motivating the entire organization.
- Developing and expanding the company’s distribution network, appointing new distributors wherever necessary within the geographical area, to strengthen all the marketing activities including brand development, brand management and to ensure sustained growth of the company.
- Working to develop the Central & Latin American markets.
- To identify and attract new design and creative sources to keep the company’s offerings current and provide sufficient diversity to meet the various account and market requirements.
- To assist in development of the product range being offered through identification of new products needed in the current product categories or in new categories in the HBA space to help develop and expand the sales of the company.
- To work with the Warehouse team to ensure optimum logistical set up is in place.
- To get actively involved in demand planning & sales forecasting with the demand planning team, to ensure that all customer’s orders are delivered accurately and in timely manner whilst minimizing inventory.
- To actively work on greatly reducing the amount of inventory held.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure a seamless client experience from deal closure to the hand-off to service and delivery teams.
Skills & Competencies Required
- Must have some relevant experience Health & Beauty, Personal Care, Color Cosmetics or Perfume companies above.
- Proven track record of increasing profitability of businesses or business units.
- Majority of their experience should be in Sales roles.
- Majority of their career should be in senior management roles.
- Experience and successful track record of meeting and achieving challenging sales targets.
- Experience of accurate sales forecasting.
- Very comfortable working with numbers to analyze and interpret financial data and P&L’s.