The VA Boston Healthcare System (VABHS) seeks a full time, dynamic physician to lead its Geriatrics and Extended Care (GEC) Service Line. As GEC Director, you'll report to the VABHS Chief of Staff and play a leadership role in the medical center. A sign on bonus is negotiable!
As Director, you'll provide leadership to a 114-bed inpatient community living center (CLC) at the Brockton campus. The CLC specializes in restorative and rehabilitation medical care, hospice and palliative care, and limited longer-term dementia care and is integrated with acute medical and surgical care at the West Roxbury campus. The CLC hosts postgraduate medical trainees and trainees from multiple allied health professions. The GEC Director also provides oversight for outpatient programs, including adult day health and homemaker/home health aide and community nursing homes. Directors of the CLC and non-institutional care programs report to the GEC Director.
Candidates should have management experience with a commitment to interdisciplinary and patient-centered approaches to care delivery in older adults. This should be accompanied by Board Certification or equivalent expertise in Geriatrics. Accomplishments should be commensurate with academic appointment as assistant professor or higher.
Facts you may not know about working at VA:
- VA often offers more time with patients and less time on administrative tasks
- Our student loan repayment program pays up to 200K over a 5 year period if approved
- Many locations offer a sign on bonus
- We are known for our exceptional benefits to include matching retirement contributions
- At VA you must only maintain 1 active, full, unrestricted license in any US state
- We cover malpractice and tail coverage at no cost to you
- VA does not require you to sign contracts and there are no restrictions on moonlighting
If you are considering a change in lifestyle, VA may have the right fit for you. Contact me when you can to learn about VA Careers!