Job ID: 139536
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The Glazier works with cutting and fitting all types of glass, plus performs repetitive work station operations to assemble architectural aluminum windows using hand or power tools. Prior Glazing experience is a plus.
We have openings on 1st & 2nd Shift
1st: 4:45 am - 3:15 pm
2nd: 3:15 pm - 1:45 am
Mon - Thurs. with potential for OT Friday & Saturday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform assembly of windows with proper instructions and use of tools
- Learn Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope quality standards
- Learn assembly of Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope’s standard systems
- Learn and successfully apply the correct basic sealing techniques
- Clean & apply Sealants
- Assemble (final fit) the window
- Inspect assembled windows
- Must be able to perform all the tasks of the Assembly Department which include screw fab, weather stripping, sash, crimp, final assembly, and blinds
- Cut, replace, smooth and select glass for various projects
- Must be able to safely mount the glass using suctions cups and secure the glass with putty, rubber gaskets, or metal clips
- Must be able to use power tools (grinders, drills, and saws) and smaller tools that are used to cut the glass like a glass-cutters and knives. Plus be able to drill & attach Hardware
- Regular and predictable attendance, ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures, including Critical Safety Rules, are essential functions of your job
- Be able to learn basic blueprint reading
- Must be able to read/use a tape measure
- Able to work a flexible starting schedule and/or overtime
- Prior Glazing experience preferred
- Must be able to stand on feet for 10 hours
- Ability to wear required safety equipment, including safety boots with metatarsal guards
- Must be able to do repetitive motions (drilling, cleaning, and application of fasteners)
- Ability to lift/move a maximum of 75 lbs. intermittently
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.