Job Title: Global Equipment Support Engineer
Reports To: Equipment Engineering Manager
About the team: Equipment Engineering & Maintenance group is a diverse group of Sr. Equipment engineers, and Technicians. For the past ten years we have executed on all kinds of upgrades, projects, installs, conversions, de-contamination, sustaining production & R&D line without a single injury, utilizing state of the art approach to equipment safety, procedures and certification process, which allowed the company to break three world records in Cell efficiencies with NREL.
What we need: Primary responsibility is to globally support the virtual factories, sustaining tools, designing improvement to existing or new tools, planning upgrades, helping with procurement and ensuring the performance of the assigned tools for Alta’s manufacturing line.
What You’ll do:
- Define and document all assigned tool specifications according to Alta cell and module in-line testing needs
- Assist with equipment procurement and supplier selections through analysis of specifications, performance and cost
- Work with supplier(s) to ensure proper equipment design and build
- Plan, manage and execute all assigned equipment installations and upgrades to R&D and/or manufacturing equipment.
- Ensure all assigned equipment meets safety requirements.
- Qualify test equipment for baseline operation.
- Determine necessary tooling and measurement equipment to properly maintain assigned equipment in your area of responsibility.
- Create spare parts lists and determine correct stocking levels to maximize service level and inventory.
- Create facilities layout drawing in CAD for work with the architects and construction firms.
- CAD designing of CIP hardware for colleagues including fixture designing for manufacturing and testing as well. as operational computer modeling of hardware designs.
- Perform preventive & corrective maintenance on complex process equipment as assigned.
- Maintain equipment logs, fingerprint data, and write preventive maintenance procedures as assigned.
- Work closely with process engineering, and other team members.
- Utilize analytical tools, test equipment, and monitors.
After assigned equipment is installed and qualified:
- Define and execute maintenance/calibration schedule to maintain tool performance.
- Write and maintain all necessary documentation for lab or manufacturing equipment.
- Create the training materials and train all maintenance/equipment technicians.
- Troubleshoot all assigned equipment issues escalated by the maintenance/equipment technicians.
- Analyze equipment performance metrics (MTBF, uptime, MTTR, etc.) to determine areas for improvement to increase throughput and yield.
- Interact with vendors and facility personnel to perform upgrade and/or retrofits.
- Responsible for continuous yield and quality improvements as well as cost and scrap reduction support.
- Responsible for continuous improvement programs for tool reliability and availability.
- Prepare engineering analysis of projects to include: preliminary design, calculation, life cycle cost and equipment selection.
- Manage project issues, budgets, and schedules.
- Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices.
Skills You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, applied physics or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience developing or sustaining tools for semiconductor or solar industry.
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese is a plus.
- Candidate will be required to pass a physical fitness test as required by Cal/OSHA.
- Candidate will be required to pass Respiratory Medical Clearance.
- High volume manufacturing experience as an equipment/tool engineer working with advanced semiconductor or solar manufacturing tools.
- Strong “hands-on” capability in the installation and deployment into manufacturing of production equipment.
- Successful demonstration in providing solid engineering solutions and solving challenging equipment problems in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Strong team player in a cross functional environment, can travel overseas to support ramp at other factories 35% of your time.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing to insure continuous improvements are made to assigned equipment.
- Ability to analyze tool performance data to detect chronic problems and suggest improvements.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to take on projects to help the company succeed in goals. Results oriented.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and CAD design
- Experience troubleshooting several of the following equipment areas:
- Vacuum systems
- PLC, software controls
- Experience with MS Project, MS Visio, Oracle, and MES software
- Proficiency in reading blue prints, mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Good understanding of safety protocol/procedures when working on toxic reactors
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.