The Director, Global Procurement supports VP, Global Procurement to drive & execute transformational change of current procurement operations to enable value co-creation, innovation, and superior performance through end to end integration of Organizational & Operations excellence. Develops and mentors members of Procurement team to promote proactive collaboration, accountability & talent growth.
- Rapidly growing, global chemical manufacturer with operations on 4 continents and revenues in excess of $1B annually
- Quality culture, compliance, effective risk management & continuous improvement focused.
- Leads, develops & executes key sourcing strategies enabling enterprise value creation, resilience & speed to market through Direct & Indirect Spend Categories Management
- Stays abreast of marketplace industry trends, best in class practices to translate into actionable plans to further integrate Supply Operations enabling value based Supply Chain excellence
- Strategic Sourcing of Direct & Indirect Spend
- Strategy Development & Execution
- Process Excellence & Redesign
- Benchmarking & Category Profiling
- Segmentation & Supplier Relationship Management
- Solves complex global challenges
- Global perspective - Translated into fit for purpose/risk local deliverables
- Ability to Influence & Contribute to effective Change Management
- Superior Communication & Project management
- Leads & Develops Talent
- Targets zero safety incidents & on time and on specification sustainable supply chain of RM, packaging components, critical services availability in conformance with outline specs to source.
- Maximize value delivery through Total Cost of Ownership, Innovation & Continuous Improvement governance
- Sustainable supplier performance through effective scorecard governance of Assurance of Supply/service - Total Cost controls - Quality standards culture- Innovation- Continuous improvement - Risk Management- Diversity Spend
- Creates and executes projects strategies enabling value delivery to support operations/commercial sustainability. Performs comprehensive evaluation of market dynamics, forecasts, supply/demand capacity, trends, and challenges (domestically/ internationally).
- Profile supplier's suite of capabilities: financial, technical, regulatory, geographical & operations to ensure adequate supply security position & supplier segmentation focus
- Develops contingency plans for assigned categories and partner supplier relationships
- Develops strategic/tactical negotiation framework fit for market, spend, geo position to mitigate risk exposure
- Works closely with Legal Department and other corporate entities, as needed, to develop and execute contracts and other documents that protects company interests and limits risk exposure
- Develops total cost control strategies based on business & operations requirements, product/process life cycle. Understands cost structures of materials & services including impact of underlying cost driver trends in order to ascertain competitive overall cost sources of supply, domestically & internationally.
- Engages collaboratively with stakeholders such as R&D, QA/QC, Manufacturing, Marketing to identify and maximize cost savings opportunities to lower total cost of ownership in support of new product development and alternate chemical and manufacturing routes
- Builds and maintains supplier relationships assuring an adequate supply base for assigned commodities & service categories
- Monitors suppliers and supports Regulatory function to ensure compliance with domestic and/or internal governmental regulations. Ensures materials and required services are in accordance with company quality standards
- Mentors team members in effective end to end integration of sourcing policies and procedures
- Manages financial reports, P&L, currency exchange, including supplier's balance sheets
- BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Business and/or Supply Chain MBA or Supply Chain or other technical degree.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related Procurement experience required or Supply Chain, Consulting, project management equivalent
- And/or minimum seven (7) years of combined experience direct & indirect sourcing experience
- Superior negotiator with a proven track record of delivering results relative to value, Total Cost, terms, quality, and service
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) preferred
- Experience in Capital Expenditure
- Mandarin and/or Spanish language skills a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Procurement, Supply Chain and planning ERP systems strongly preferred
- Progressive experience and leadership in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Project Management
- Proven track record of negotiating & executing effective supply agreements
- Proficient in accounting principles & budgeting
- Strong team skills and the ability to act as a key facilitator with operations and suppliers to affect change within the sourcing category
- Experienced working in a matrix organization
- Proficiency with systems, software, including Microsoft Office Suite
Competitive Base Salary