Grow with Caraustar
If you ask our associates what they like most about Caraustar, you’ll hear a consistent answer: the people. That’s no surprise. At Caraustar, our people drive our success. And with more than 4,000 associates in locations across the U.S., we need a vast range of talent and skill sets to grow and thrive. That’s where you come in! We invite you to explore available opportunities at Caraustar. Follow the Star!
Established in 1938, Caraustar is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We focus on providing our customers exceptional service and value through environmentally sound, innovative products and services. We take pride in being an industry leader through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
Our Common Purpose
There's a reason so many choose to grow their career at Caraustar. No matter who you are or what your role, the work you do affects the global environment – from customer service experts working one-on-one to enhance the customer experience to manufacturing professionals who turn refuse into renewable resources. At Caraustar, we are more than a workplace; we are a community with a common purpose.
Our Star Business System
Innovation runs through the veins of our organization – from green design and materials to capital investment and technology. Our Star Business System provides a disciplined framework for our work by maximizing each employee’s potential while teaching world-class business and management skills.
Caraustar offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package, including:
- Quick advancement opportunity
- Medical, dental and pharmacy benefits with employee contribution
- Vacation time
- 401(k) plan
- Completes make-readies for jobs during machine set up.
- Checks quality during the run.
- Runs the machine at the speed the supervisor has specified.
- Inspect finished goods for proper gluing.
- Stops the machine if any mechanical malfunction occurs, like jam ups.
- Accurately counts the quantity on each pallet.
- Keeps the machine and surrounding area clean.
- Reads the factory order on each shift, knows what is running and makes sure factory order matches.
- Load tag from cutting and factory order.
- Complete daily production report and hourly management reports.
- Set up and run UPC and glue detection scanners.
- Check case label for correct information prior to startup after make-ready.
- Perform basic press maintenance.
- Complies with safety rules and personal protective equipment policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for the Gluer Operators include:
- Experience as a Feeder, Packer or Gluer Operator.
- Ability to read basic measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers and tape measures.
- Knowledge of auto-bottom, four-corner, six-corner and side seam cartons preferred.
- Strong leadership and the ability to take initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to provide hands-on training.
- Lifting from floor to waist up to 35 lbs. frequently, able to bend, squat, step up steps to press platform.
- Pushing/pulling using manual pallet jack to move pallets (Av. 1000lbs, 55” high) of paperboard.
- Manufacturing environment, noisy at times (hearing protection required), heated and cooled.