Go Kart Marshall
Apexc Entertainment is currently looking for a Go-Kart Marshalls to join our team and help us provide exceptional service and fun to our guests. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety of our guests and ensuring that their experience exceeds their expectations. This position may rotate between the Ropes Course, Go-Karts & Bumper Cars, and Laser Tag.
• Maintain working knowledge of the course including requirements for overall safety of the structure, elements and harnessing, and proper use by visitors
• Greet all visitors professionally and ensure they are harnessed correctly, wearing appropriate clothing and footwear, and understand the rules of the course
• Facilitate the visitors’ use of the course by explaining the various elements, supervising the participation, and providing encouragement as needed
• Ensure the appropriate number of guests are allowed to ride course at a given time
• Ensure children are the appropriate height and age for course
• Know proper maintenance and use of the course, use all provided materials and equipment as trained and be present for all scheduled times
• Abide by course safety requirements for securing visitor
• Strong understanding and enforcement of course rules and regulations
• Physically inspect all harnesses and or safety restraints prior to operation of each challenger
• Inspect equipment to detect wear and tear
• Exceptional guest service skills and a desire to implement the Company’s core values to exceed guests’ expectations every time
• Demonstrates the ability to multitask
• Provide assistance to patrons entering and exiting course
• Any additional tasks assigned by management
• Stop vehicle and de-board passengers in case of emergencies
• Shut down race if major repairs are needed
• Clean up debris around attractions
• Provide assistance to patrons entering and exiting attraction
• Properly operate the go karts by enforcing all rules and regulations prior to, during, and while exiting
• Responsible for controlling all racing events from the central control station. This includes running the computer systems. Speed control/emergency shutdown systems and any centrally controlled signaling systems
• Responsible for ensuring that drivers get in and out of karts safely and providing assistance to drivers during any lapping session
• Responsible for ensuring that any lapping sessions are run in a safe and professional manner. Each Track Marshall is responsible for controlling a defined portion of the track and communicating
with the drivers through a series of established signal, i.e. flags, signs, etc
• Minimum age of 18 years old.
• Must be able to pass a CORI check.
• Must be reliable and on time
• Must have a positive, outgoing, and can do attitude.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent, or currently pursuing one.
• Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
• Must be able to stand for 4-10 hours at a time.
• Experience working in the food & beverage and/or hospitality industry a plus.