Project Manager Job Responsibilities
Core Aspects of this Position
The project manager will provide guidance, consultation, and strategic direction to the project. In addition to supporting the facilitation needs of the collaborative. The project manager will help ensure effective meetings, work with selected service providers to coordinate services, ensure the collaborative is on track with its deliverables, and work with the JAC to facilitate all required grant reporting functions.
This position directs the overall operations of assigned projects to meet the goals and deliverables as outlined under the proposal and OJJDP grant agreement. The Project Manager provides key support toward the operational success of programs through ensuring seamless team management, quality control relative to program delivery, and ongoing tracking relative to program administration and evaluation. This position holds primary responsibility for project oversight while working in conjunction with government officials, organization leaders, stakeholders, and consultants.
Project Support Overview
• Oversee day-to-day project activities from inception through completion including analyzing work flow and data, fine-tuning implementation strategies and monitoring adherence to the project’s overall objectives
• Provide guidance, consultation, and strategic direction for the project during the implementation phase.
• Ensure that project deliverables are on track and on time
• Make recommendations relative to minimizing the impact of delays, obstacles, and staffing changes
• Design and/or direct the gathering, tabulating, and interpreting of required data, and ensure that reports are submitted as required
• Cultivate relationships with service providers with the goal of ensuring effective outcomes for program participants
- Cultivate relationships with county wide leaders or organizations that have collaborative interest and resources that can enhance or support this initiative.
• Assist with all financial, programmatic, and performance measure reporting as required.
• Additional duties as assigned to meet the goals and deliverables under the grant.
Responsibilities for Program Support
- Organize trainings for subgrantees, collaborative, and committees
- Organize residents and youth councils for each target community.
- Organize Steering Committee after subgrantees are identified
- Schedule site visits to meet with subgrantees to support, evaluate, and report program activities.
- Maintain communication and promote networking and professional development opportunities among collaborative (Example: Quarterly meetings, keynote speakers or conferences)
Team Management and Development
• Act as the primary liaison to all project stakeholders such as Cook County officials, representatives from the criminal justice system, community based organizations, faith-based organizations, educational institutions, businesses, and researchers
• Facilitate meetings and help ensure that discussions are productive, that action steps are recorded and disseminated, and that follow up on action items is completed
• Help ensure that project partners are provided the necessary resources to effectively plan and implement projects and make resource recommendations as needed
• Help instill a sense of unity and accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organizational performance standards and clear, consistent communication.
Please Note: This job will be for roughly 12 months (depending on hire date) as the implementation phase ends June 30, 2019 with evaluation & reporting to OJJDP through July 2019.