Sales Representatives are responsible for growing an established customer base with a moderate focus on opening new accounts within assigned territory through consultative sales. Sales are business to business oriented and results will rely heavily on candidate’s ability to quickly build relationships and dedication to service accounts.
- Strategizes/preplans on how best to achieve sales objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis and maintaining accurate historical account purchase information.
- Coordinate and manage special events, programs and initiatives set forth by a supplier(s).
- Pro-actively drive business objectives and goals.
- Track results on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis to include: distribution, menus, drink features (permanent and temporary), promotions (facilitated and unfacilitated), visibility and bar and wait staff persuasion and training.
- Assist with Point-of-sale tools to drive distribution, menu placement, and features for supplier brands.
- Track national account programs to ensure compliance with all programs set forth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Calls on accounts and covers daily routes by creating an established and efficient routing pattern.
- Analyzes entire account base by visiting each account and identifying opportunities
- Understands and works with management on inventory levels by being aware of current inventory and out of stock situations and by alerting management to possible fluctuations in demand.
- Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the distribution, volume and activity goals of supplier brands as set by management.
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Obtains payments for the company by collecting and delivering checks or other remittance from accounts where legally permissible.
- Educates account staff on priority brands by administering educational staff training seminars.
- Supports account openings by developing opening orders for new accounts in collaboration with District Manager.
- Manages customer account receivables by timely processing of credits and returns and communicating with accounts on aged receivables.
- Service accounts by delivering products to customers in extenuating circumstances, handling customer issues and complaints and referring to these issues, as appropriate to management.
- Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers
- Remains informed of company/supplier activities and updates by attending and actively participating in sales meetings.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Desire to sell and capacity to create professional presentations
- Prior sales experience in wine and spirits industry sales or in restaurants and hotels preferred
- Availability to work outside 8-5 schedule, as many accounts will be accessible best in early evening hours and occasional weekend events
- Be self - motivated/disciplined, goal oriented, timely, and have the ability to prioritize
- Team player attitude and actions
- Be able to connect well with a large range of buyer types
- Professional written, oral, and electronic communication skills
- Must possess a reliable car, valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and a good driving record
- Four-year college degree highly preferred
Time Type:Full time