Under general supervision, grind castings to remove excess coatings and to smoothen and finish surfaces; and performs related duties as assigned.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives castings;
- Separates castings by metal coding color;
- Grinds excess coatings and fins;
- Places finished castings in container to be moved to blasting machines;
- Keeps work area clean;
- Regular punctuality, attendance, and absence reporting in conformance with company policies is essential to the successful performance of this position; and
- Fully comply with company rules, policies, procedures, and safety guidelines to ensure safe and effective operations.
Some experience in foundry operations, preferably involving the operation of grinding machinery; training in safety practices and procedures and proper grinding methods and techniques.
- Ability to understand and follow directions;
- Ability to operate and adjust positioning of hand grinders;
- Ability to exercise work concentration and precision; and
- Ability to lift and maneuver hand-held grinding equipment in repetitive motions over long periods of time.
- Ability to bend, reach, stoop, stretch, lift, and move objects weighing 50 pounds or less;
- Ability to hold and repetitively move grinding equipment over long periods of time;
- Ability to use appropriate safety equipment as required;
- Ability to walk/move about on uneven and/or sand-covered surfaces;
- Ability to work cooperatively with co-workers and related work units; and
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job, as defined.