Plans, organizes, supervises and directs assigned ground crew in the development and maintenance of University Main Campus, Burr Gym, Stadium, Dormitories, Parking Lots, extension properties, and as required, for architectural landscape components of capital, new construction, and renovation/ alteration projects.
Primarily responsible for the beautification, landscaping, and maintenance of grounds for the University properties. Requires interaction with University and Physical Facilities Management officials, staff, vendors, contractors and the general public.
• Supervises and coordinates the activities of the grounds division, ground crews, and contractors engaged in designing, installing, maintaining and repairing of grounds maintenance systems.
• Directs, schedules, supervises, and evaluates the work of staff in the maintenance and beautification of University Main Campus, Burr Gym, Stadium, Dormitories, Parking Lots, extension properties owned by the University.
• Directs the application of fertilizers, insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, and assures the proper and timely completion of such planned activities.
• Plans, schedules and directs the planting, cultivation, propagation and care of turf, shrubs, flowers, trees, to meet variations in weather conditions.
• Provides all necessary technical, assistance and safety policy related training to the grounds division in the performance of their assigned duties.
• Plans and organizing campus snow removal
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to develop and maintain an annual budget for supplies, equipment and related materials.
• Ability to direct, plan and supervise the work of others.
• Ability to conduct assessment of needs for maintenance of existing campus grounds, and new construction and renovation landscaping requirements.
• Thorough working knowledge of terminology related to grounds maintenance and landscaping requirements.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with the staff, faculty, students, University officials and the general public.
High School Graduate or equivalent, Specialized training in grounds maintenance, ten years of experience directly related to grounds maintenance and a Valid Driver License. Applicant must obtain a Commercial Pesticide License for Ornamental and Turf within 6 months of start date.
Work will involve a flexible schedule. Work will involve exposure to inclement weather, unpleasant environmental (dirt, waste, odors).