Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a Group Engineer - Research & Development based out of our Wooster, OH location. Our Group Engineer Program is one that develops top engineers into future leaders of our growing organization. This is a 2 year program comprised of 4 production based rotations (6 month in duration) that can be located at any of our facilities throughout the North American Region (USA, Mexico and Canada). This position will focus on increasing the company growth opportunities through the development and support of innovative mechatronic product designs. This person is responsible for providing technical support for our design department in the areas of process development and improvement, cost reduction, and new part introductions. This person will be paired with a mentor who will provide experiences to build skills that will evolve the new employee into a leader at the Schaeffler Group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop new mechatronic products including concept generation, product design, and product launch
- Provide technical support to customers and field sale for existing mechatronic products
- Project management (cost savings & quality improvement projects)
- Interfacing with the customer to enhance efficient execution of engineering tasks
- Process development
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Electrical/Electro-Mechanical engineering related field
- High mechanical aptitude with an aptitude/familiarity for electronics such as embedded motion control, DC motors/motor control, sensors/encoders, circuit board design, programming.
- One to two years engineering experience or engineering co-op/intern experience preferred
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Ability to relocate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans