Join the Largest Public Transportation Authority in North America
MTA New York City Transit (NYCT) serves close to 6 million subway customers and 2.3 million bus customers on an average weekday. Its 50,000 employees provide mass transit and paratransit service throughout the five boroughs of New York City, including operating almost 7,000 subway cars at 472 stations.
The NYC Transit Department of Subways employs 30,000 individuals who work together 24/7, 365 days a year, to move millions of customers safely to their destinations. These employees operate trains, maintain railcars, assist customers in stations, make critical right-of-way or electronic repairs, and provide administrative support to deliver timely and reliable customer service.
The Department of Subways is seeking dynamic, customer-focused leader to assume the role of Group Station Manager (GSM) within the Division of Station Environment & Operations. The Group Station Manager will play a key role in the transformation of subway and customer service, as outlined in NYC Transit’s Fast Forward Plan. The GSM will direct customer service, cleaning and maintenance functions for a group of subway stations. GSMs will be responsible for managing a team to provide customers with clean, safe, well maintained and readily accessible subway stations with accurate, real-time travel and fare information. Select Group Station Managers will direct maintenance and specialized cleaning activity across multiple groups of stations. Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to: creating and implementing policies and procedures for the efficient operation of assigned stations; managing construction trade employees and the performance of station inspections; leading the management of emergencies; and serving as the primary liaison with local elected officials and advocacy groups. The successful candidate will participate in the selection of subordinate staff, administer relevant labor agreements, and support Collective Bargaining efforts when necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Business or Public Administration, Transportation Management or a closely related field of study, and eight (8) years of full-time related experience; of which five (5) years must have been in a managerial/supervisory capacity; or a satisfactory combination of education and experience.
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills.
- Knowledge of the environment, organization and operation of rail transportation systems and station operations.
- Knowledge of automated fare collection, construction trades and ADA regulations.
- Ability to effectively manage a group of employees in a fast paced and highly customer focused environment.
- Knowledge of safety principles and experience working in an environment where safety is a key component.
- Knowledge of relevant policies and procedures including Collective Bargaining Agreements and OSHA regulations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels in the organization, including represented employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
NYC Transit associates are offered competitive compensation and a robust benefit package that includes:
- Pension Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Coverage
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Leave Programs
- New York’s 529 College Saving Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Municipal Credit Union
- Commutation Pass
To Apply, Visit our website:
MTA and its affiliated/constituent agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers. The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences, including military service members, to apply.