Gulf Coast Trades Center
Position: Group Worker
Opening Date: 7/21/2020
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Group Worker is responsible for providing a caring and nurturing home environment for all students. Must be committed and motivated with the ability to run group programs. Group Workers must have the ability to relay information through accurate reporting and monitoring. Group Workers must be willing to attend all trainings and meetings as needed to ensure that they are abreast of the necessary techniques to support students in residence. Must model appropriate behavior for students at all times through communication, dress and positive outlook/attitude.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Preference is given to college students in related Behavioral Science field.
- Must have a valid Texas Drivers License.
- Must pass a criminal history check and drug screen.
- Successfully complete standard first aid and restraint training.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be emotionally mature and be able to communicate and relate with youth.
- Employee must possess the ability to comprehend and complete:
- 40 hours orientation process
- 40 hours a year continuing education training module
- Supervise student behavior during non-class/shop activities.
- Restrain students when necessary using approved restraint techniques.
- Provide training and supervision for students in activities related to personal hygiene and housekeeping.
- Maintain standards of health and maintenance in assigned areas and make concise reports of student behavior.
- Carry out day to day recreation and leisure time program as developed by the Residential Supervisor.
- Conduct PPC group for youth under their supervision.
- Participate in student voting and check e-mail on a regular basis.
- Provide individual guidance to students regarding interpersonal problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to walk, stand sit, kneel, push, stoop, twist, reach above the shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, climb stairs/steps, identify colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, alphabetize, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, operate a motor vehicle, and restrain assaultive persons.
- Conditions include working inside and outside, working closely with others, working alone, working protracted or irregular hours, excessive heat, cold, humidity, constant noise, slippery or un even walking surfaces, and traveling by car, van or bus.
- Equipment used in performing the duty of this position include a computer and related equipment, calculator, copier, fax machine, telephone, and radio.
*All Staff REQUIRED to attend NH Training held Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm
**Currently we are seeking staff that can work the 12:00am-8:00am shift.