Job ID: 142432
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division, part of CRH South Division, is a leading supplier of ready mix concrete, concrete block, rebar and building materials in the state of Florida, providing the highest product quality and service in the construction industry. With headquarters in Bonita Springs, Florida, and operations in five key Florida markets, Preferred Materials provides municipalities, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and suppliers a wide variety of construction materials and products. Our employees make Preferred Materials a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
Provides basic physical labor associated with the pneumatic placement of gunite / shotcrete in accordance with established standards and principles of structural concrete. Regularly inspects and maintains nozzle(s) and hoses for application of said concrete to insure proper and installation and safety. Assists gunite crew with set up and break down of jobsite(s) to include protection of the environment, and surrounding real property. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities and works under the general direction of the Gunite Crew Foreman for assigned area of Prestige.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to work on time when scheduled.
- Safely operates power equipment and hand tools while performing all duties in conformance to appropriate safety standards and established guidelines for placement of structural concrete
- Inspects and maintains nozzle(s) and hose(s) to insure proper and safe installation of material(s). Makes proper repairs as necessary and immediately reports any deficiencies which may present safety or quality concerns to the supervisor.
- Uses established methods of communication, such as hand signals, to insure proper material flow to the nozzle.
- Assists gunite crew with placement of plastic to protect area surrounding equipment and work areas.
- Assists gunite crew in set up / break down of jobsite tools and equipment.
Skills and Job Knowledge Level:
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions common to the construction industry.
- Working knowledge of the methods, materials and tools used in the construction industry
- Skill in operation of tools and equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform heavy manual task under varying weather conditions.
- Basic understanding of the fundamental principles of structural concrete
- Working knowledge specific to the potential hazards associated with pneumatically applied concrete and appropriate precautions to insure job site safety.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.