The Hardware Engineer role within the Level 2 Hardware support group requires an individual with a mechanical engineering background and excellent problem determination skills. We need candidates that also have skills and capabilities in working with both software drivers and firmware related to the operation of hardware products. An understanding of the retail environment and the family of products associated is desirable and advantageous as well.
Of course, we are seeking a self-starting and energetic individual that is capable training themselves on our products via hands-on disassembly and reassembly of the actual hardware. The individual must also have a good computer usage skills and understand the use both of the online systems/notes/email and standalone tools such as Excel, etc.
We seek candidates that are quick learners of not only of the products our client supports but of the tools they use in their support (the SR tool and Acurev for example). A background in actual service is also a benefit ( i.e. carried a toolbag/repairing products at customer sites in prior job experience).
Responsibilities of the L2 Hardware Mechanical Support Engineer:
• Providing primary hardware technical interface to customers and partners
• Resolving customer or partner reported hardware issues
• Managing and tracking problems via the Service Request Tool
• Performing recreates of customer reported problems
• Performing unit and functional tests of firmware/driver fixes
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
• Previous experience within Customer Support operations is preferable
• Working knowledge of OPOS, UPOS and JavaPOS programming
• Working knowledge of retail printers and POS system units
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Prior work experience in the field of servicing electro-mechanical products
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.