18207370 – Help Desk 1– Strongsville, OH– 12 months –PPGJP00019401
CTG's premier global client in Strongsville, OH, has a 12 month assignment for a Help Desk 1
Major Contributing Activities:
• Seeking IT professional with an eager, positive attitude and ability to work as a team player
• A 4-year degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Technical support experience in a computer-related area
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the IT field
• Knowledge of computer hardware & software including Windows & server operating systems, tools & utilities
• Successful completion of the IT Entry Logic and Problem Solving Test
• Passage of HAIR drug screening test is required.
• Strong analytical abilities to quickly resolve technical problems, evaluate alternative approaches and to recommend the most feasible and economical solutions
• Availability to work rotating shifts and holidays and be on-call
• Flexibility to travel to other local PPG IT sites if needed (Cleveland, Barberton, Etc.)
• Strong analytical, communication, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Ability to work without close supervision while ensuring that tasks are done effectively and consistently
• Strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to document operations procedures
• Ability to effectively work independently or in a team environment
• Ability to effectively interact with a diverse user base
* 750 desktop and laptop computers running the Windows 10 operating system. About 400 of these are remote users. We also support 15 training centers across North America.
*Office, Call Center, and Plant process control environments.
* 7 servers with Microsoft Server 2012/2016
* Cisco network
* Symbol bar code scanner hardware
* Avaya VOIP Phone system & One-X Agent software
* Lexmark, Zebra, HP and Konica Minolta printers
This position is compensated per hour on a W2 hourly basis (no C2C or 1099's).
APPLY NOW for resume review by Marcy Rychlewski!
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.