Position Overview: The Human Resources Coordinator manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department. They are responsible for the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. The HR coordinator carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
Essential Job Function:
- Organizing, managing, and coordinating, operations and functions of personnel with emphasis on payroll and HR functions.
- Coordinating and participating as a selection panel member in recruitment process, including selection, appointment process, as well as preparing reports.
- Identifying, reviewing, and advising on tasks related to recruitment process and employment strategies to meet human resources requirements.
- Undertaking quality checks of selection and recruitment processes and reports.
- Supporting in completion of job application materials and documents, and preparation of employment interviews and tests.
- Establishing, organizing and supervising the maintenance of department records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
- Preparing, reviewing, interpreting, analyzing and approving a variety of data, information and reports, and making recommendations depending on findings.
- Conducts with and advising management and supervising human resource issues; investigating human resource related problems and making recommendations to the organization to create and improve processes.
- Assist with benefits plans including medical, dental, & life as well as assisting and implementing new benefits packages consistent with industry standards.
- Schedules pre-employment drug screening and background check for potential new hires.
- Completes all new hire paperwork, benefit enrollment, schedules training with all departments for new hires, and communicates with IT to setup email/phone/computer/building access key.
- Updates and maintains all personnel and medical files.
- Handles workers compensation filing before sending to broker for investigation. Acts as a liaison for any further information needed.
- Schedules training as needed for current employees to maintain extraordinary customer service, supervisory training, etc.