The HR Business Partner will support business unit leaders and their teams in the execution and development of HR programs and initiatives. The business partner must understand their client group's strategic priorities, the business imperatives, and customer's business. Proactively consults with clients and recommends HR strategic solutions to improve critical business outcomes.
Market leading energy provider
- Implement and project manage key HR initiatives and programs within various business units.
- Consult with managers and staff on employee relations issues.
- Provide managers with strategic direction regarding organizational structure and approaches to leverage staffing and talent needs.
- Ensure uniform administration of policies and practices.
- Oversee all policy development and compliance. Recommend policy enhancements that further HR and organizational initiatives.
- Review and analyze data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve the overall health of the organization and monitor the "pulse" of employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Lead discussions and train management on various HR-related topics.
- Deliver HR core processes to business units including: performance management, change management, succession planning, staffing & selection, and salary planning.
- Analyze performance gaps and organizational trends to identify targeted actions and HR programs that mitigate people related risks and solve the business problem
- Demonstrate business and financial acumen
- Experience partnering with senior business leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate organizational change and foster linkage between business objectives and human resources activities.
- Ability to create and maintain a positive employee relations environment throughout complex and changing situations.
- Demonstrated capability to communicate and work effectively at all levels of the organization, inspiring respect and credibility.
- Demonstrated creative and innovative thinking.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a human resources generalist/business partner
- Minimum 3 years employee relations experience consulting with senior managers
- Possesses experience and knowledge in both functional and strategic aspects of Human
- Resources in at least 2 of the following areas: recruitment, organizational design, reward and recognition, leadership development, benefits, training and workforce planning
- Experience developing communication plans for business units
Competitive base salary & benefits