Requisition ID: 19521
Job Function: Compensation (40000056)
We are seeking qualified candidates for a compensation manager opening to join the Total Rewards COE in our human resources organization. In this role, you will consult with leadership in some of our major regional areas, design programs, processes and lead projects that have a global impact. You will partner closely with related compensation functions such as executive compensation, sales compensation, stock plan administration, human resource operations and regional compensation resources around the world. You will research evolving compensation practices in the external marketplace, design and develop broad-based compensation programs (base pay, short-term incentives, etc.), design and provide guidance on special programs (severance, retention, etc.), provide consultative guidance to human resources and business leadership, deliver clear and consistent communications to key stakeholder groups and handle other work items as needed.
- Research evolving compensation practices in the external marketplace and provide guidance to Leadership
- Design and develop broad-based compensation programs (base pay, short-term incentives, severance, retention etc)
- Design programs, processes and leading projects that have a global impact
- Advise and partner with HR business partners and org leaders on compensation program rollouts
- Deliver clear and consistent communications to key stakeholder groups, including manager training
- Partner closely with related Compensation functions such as Executive Compensation, Sales Compensation, HR Operations, HRIS, Stock Plan Administration, and regional Compensation departments around the world
- Monitor and implement changes to ensure compliance with global pay regulations. Monitor the effectiveness of compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures recommending plan revisions
- Lead the selection of and participation in salary surveys as well as research for additional sources of quality market data
- Participate in M&A due diligence and post-acquisition integration activities
- Other work items as needed
- Bachelor's degree in HR or Finance or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Compensation or a similar area of work required
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience in the design of Compensation programs and processes
- Ability to influence and drive results within all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated effectiveness in the design and delivery of communication programs
- Experience with vendor evaluation and selection
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills
- CCP, SPHR
- Success Factors Experience Desired
- Strong Project Management Experience
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Job Segment: HR, Social Media, HR Manager, Compensation, Manager, Marketing, Human Resources, Management