Title: HR Generalist
Type: Full Time
Function: Human Resources
Top Level Division: Federal-Mogul Powertrain
Division: PT - Sealing and Gaskets
Location: Athens, AL, United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Candidates must have permanent work authorization in the U.S. (NO sponsorship is available for this position) *
Federal Mogul's Sealing and Gaskets business is looking for a Human Resources Representative who will be responsible for assisting the HR management team in areas of recruitment, benefits, internal job bidding, short term disability, FMLA, regulatory compliance, and employee relations. The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment is essential to your success at Federal-Mogul. This position will report directly to the Plant Human Resources Manager.
An ideal candidate for this position is a candidate who has a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration and proven professional experience in Human Resources. Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong analytical skills, and the ability to maintain sensitive confidential information are all necessary qualifications for this position.
This person will become a valued member of our Human Resources team, where we strive to promote from within wherever possible; therefore, opportunities for advancement are strong.
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Athens Human Resources Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Administers disability programs.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation.
- New hire processing of pre-employment screening and records.
- Prepares and maintains reports to include headcount, attendance reports, and employee lists.
- Coordinate employee events.
- Prepare counseling forms for attendance.
- Oversee hourly and salary performance appraisal system.
- Prepare data for budget of human resources operations.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field. PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience working as part of a Human Resource team.
- Strong HR Generalist experience.
- Ability to understand the general pulse of all employees and to suggest problem solving methods that positively affect the overall working culture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with ADP or Kronos is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled