The HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level in supporting the organization's goals and objectives as they relate to all employee levels in multiple geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment and talent acquisition, affirmative action and employment law compliance, record keeping, filing and departmental administrative duties.
HR Generalist Responsibilities:
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Monitors the performance evaluation program and provides data analysis as requested.
- Performs benefits administration to include new hire, COBRA, and Open Enrollment.
- Administers additional benefits programs including but limited to LOA (FMLA, STD, LTD, USERRA, etc.), EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Service Awards, On-the-Spot, and other employee recognition programs.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Maintains affirmative action program; files reports including but not limited to Vets 4212, and Medicare Part D; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Ensures company is in full compliance with all regulatory compliance postings and communications including but not limited to EEO, Anti-Harassment, Labor Law posters, SPDs, SBCs, etc.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, and temporary personnel; writes and publishes job postings; manages applicant tracking system; executes AAP goals in all staffing efforts including diversity outreach.
- Facilitates new hire orientation and conducts local on-boarding for new hires, transfers and contract employees.
- Supports change management related to the implementation of organizational effectiveness solutions.
HR Generalist Education:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field from an accredited college or university preferred
- PHR or SPHR Certification preferred
HR Generalist Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Human Resources Generalist role or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
HR Generalist Skills:
- ADP Vantage or similar HRIS; HRIS implementation experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite, Word, Outlook, and Intermediate proficiency with Excel required
- Ability to identify problems, assess and provide solutions; meticulous attention to detail required
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask and prioritize as necessary, with minimal supervisory direction
- Strong customer service acumen
- Must be able to work in a team environment and independently; ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Working knowledge of EEO, AAP, and Federal, State and local employment laws and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled