The HR Generalist supports the day-to-day human resources activities of the plant. Recommends and participates in the development of policies, procedures, activities and programs for recruiting/staffing, employee education/training, management development, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits administration, and salary administration.
Leading global manufacturing company
- Direct and coordinate all staffing activities for the plant, ensuring the recruitment of high quality talent capable of supporting the short and long-term needs of the business; provide support to managers on staffing decisions, legal issues regarding hiring practices, and development of position selection criteria.
- Manage all pre-employment related screening and testing processes; facilitate and maintain a new hire orientation program for the purpose of successful new hire socialization and transition into the organization, an introduction into the business, and familiarization with Company policy and procedure.
- Provide Human Resources expertise to plant leadership in all aspects but not limited to employee relations, performance management, talent management/organizational development, rewards and recognition, growth and development and workforce planning.
- Interpret and apply Human Resources policies, procedures and programs, ensuring consistent application while working with management to provide solutions that balance business and employee needs in compliance with Company policy.
- Ensure compliance with various State and Federal laws and/or agencies throughout a diverse region; guiding business managers to proactively identify and navigate risks, and create positive employee relations; enforce adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Communicate and administer benefits and compensation programs consistent with plan design and provisions; administer state disability and FMLA programs, with a focus on effective management with respect to cost, compliance and employee relations.
- Provide counseling and direction to management on any personnel issues. Provide guidance to managers to support employee performance improvement. Ensure consistent application of performance improvement tools and compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Partner with corporate payroll to ensure the payroll process functions smoothly and effectively and provide all data entry into HRIS for new hires and employment changes.
- Continuously seek to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of core human resources processes.
- Ensure Human Resources support is provided in an effective and timely manner with top customer service and proactive delivery.
- Leads and manages HR Projects, as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree in Human Resources, Business or other related studies.
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience within a manufacturing plant environment.
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to pull complex data from assorted sources and synthesis in both graphic and verbal format, such that it is easily understood by the target audience.
- Proven ability to influence and work effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates discretion, able to work with sensitive and confidential materials and possess good business judgment.
- Experience in safety management and handling worker's compensation.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and ability to apply legal concepts to real world situations.
- Fast learner, able to readily apply knowledge gained in one situation to others
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal across a wide audience
- Experience with salary/hourly recruiting, employee relations and engagement, benefits administration, payroll, policy communication and administration, HR compliance, etc.
Excellent salary and benefits package