Concordia Publishing House is seeking a HR Generalist to work on a regular part-time basis, 24 hours or more per week. This position will play a key role in the success of the organization through their work in the areas of recruitment, onboarding, training, and by recommending HR best practices. This position will assist with facilitating a positive relationship between all levels of employees within the organization.
Specific duties include:
- Develop, maintain, and present training programs on topics for both management and non-management as well as new hires.
- Proactively recruit new candidates as positions become available. This includes preparing job postings, reviewing resumes, interviewing candidates, checking references and testing applicants.
- Assist with the administration and maintenance of the HRIS, and timekeeping systems.
- Update and maintain all HR related Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Support the department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience.
- Make recommendations on ways to improve HR policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- Three years of experience working in human resources and prior experience recruiting.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees in a professional manner.
- Strong computer skills, with working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
CPH is mission focused, customer driven, and exists for the purpose of providing Christian resources that meet the needs of its customers today and in the future. CPH has been certified as a Best Christian Workplace by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute, is a winner of the Missouri Quality Award, and the National Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award. CPH offers competitive pay, bonus opportunities, flexible scheduling, paid time off (PTO), paid holiday time, free parking, and a friendly, team-oriented work environment with a management culture that solicits and recognizes employees for their ideas on opportunities to continually improve the company and our service to customers. We are looking for the best candidates to share in our vision.