The Human Resources Manager originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
They are responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
- Maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices
- Oversee talent management
- Provide strategic leadership
- Develop strategic recruiting and retention plans
- Create and implement compensation and benefit plans
- Evaluate plans for cost-effectiveness
- Oversee talent acquisition, training and leadership development, career development, and benefits
- Direct the employment activities for both certified and classified employees.
- Develop and monitor procedures for processing applications
- Implement standard interviewing processes
- Oversee salary administration
- Recommend terminations and additions to personnel
- Develop and monitor HR budget
- Prepare HR reports for management staff
- Supervise EEOC and OCR regulations and complaints
- Setting high standard principles and providing likely solutions
- Providing pragmatic and consistent guidance and advice to managers on grievance, attendance, disciplinary, and performance issues
- Ensuring the maintenance of all payroll data by HR Administrators
- Reviewing and revising HR policies in compliance with changing or new legislation
- Organizing and conducting employee testing and recruitment programs
- Keeping managers informing on antidiscrimination regulations
- Conducting new employee orientation program and other educational and training programs on changes in benefits, diversity, etc.
- Administering and keeping information on benefits and compensation packages up-to-date
- Receiving employee complaints and acting accordingly to resolve them
- Utilizing outside resources in order to monitor issues and concerns in employment law, communicating potential changes to senior management
Skills and Specifications
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Articulate communicator and ability to interpret and explain written and statistical data to a wide range of audiences
- High standard of attention to detail
- Solid commitment to customer or employee service
- Ability to convey difficult and challenging information to managers
- Expert Microsoft Office skills like Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Administration, Business Administration, or related field
Thermotron Industries designs and manufactures environmental test chambers, controls, and related products.