Our client is in search of an experienced HR Generalist / HR Manager who will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise. The responsibilities required will be managing all employment relations: recruitment, on-boarding, payroll, time and attendance, benefits, and training programs.
The company is a European business looking to expand into the US starting with an initial employ of circa 40 employees. This HR Generalist / HR Manager will be the sole US HR professional reporting the the Head of Global HR based overseas. The parent business is a CPG with a market cap of > $1Bil.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruitment: Facilitates the recruitment process including advertising for open positions, interviewing, and preparing job offer letters.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and On-boarding, performance evaluations, employee relations, and terminations.
- Manage all employee's personal data, compensation, time and attendance.
- Administrate over weekly Payroll, keeping up to date with tax laws, handle employee issues regarding payroll.
- Update and supervise the company handbook.
- Management of employee benefits and services: Medical Insurance (medical, dental and vision), open enrollment, 401k /Profit Sharing, Sick paid days, Vacations and Cobra.
- Coordinates annual open enrollment for benefits which includes processing enrollment forms.
- Manage employee Leaves of Absence (LOA): FLMA, CFRA, Non- FLMA personal leaves.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Assist in conducting investigations in employee situations including but not limited to, harassment, discrimination, and violation of company policies.
- Oversees and maintains the workers compensation program by reviewing and processing claims
- Responsible for all organization compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory labor guidelines and laws.
Targeting candidates with experience or familiarity with FMLA, COBRA, Federal and State Labor Laws, Worker Compensation, OSHA, Recruitment and Safety Laws. This position will play a key role in the success of the organization while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and upper management.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field. 5+years working experience in the role of HR Generalist (State of MA)
Experience with payroll and benefits administration and employee relations.
Organized and methodical in problem solving.
Strong interpersonal communication skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of the organization. Excellent written and oral communication skills and detail oriented
Experience working with enterprise systems related to HR is strongly desired.
Excellent computer skills, proficient in MS Office Suite and Excel.
Opportunity to own an HR function within a start up feel business but with the backing and security of a large Fortune 500 firm.
Convenient Somerville, MA location