Permanent position: Mechanical Engineer (HVAC/Plumbing/Fire Protection) needed on a direct hire basis for a well-established and growing Architectural & Engineering firm northwest of Chicago, IL. This position will report to the Director of MEP Engineering. Salary range is $75k-$115k/yr depending on experience and credentials. Certified EIT or PE status is highly preferred. Relocation assistance is available.
Responsibilities for the HVAC Engineer• Engineering and design of mechanical (HVAC) systems for commercial buildings.
• Engineering load calculations, equipment sizing and selection for HVAC, hydronics systems.
• Layout HVAC systems using AutoCad and/or Revit.
• Communicate directly with owners, architects, contractors, power companies, other design professionals and building officials.
• Collaborate in multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners.
• Interact and work with clients and subcontractors.
• Perform other duties as needed and directed by managers.
Requirements for the HVAC Engineer• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
• Background from a similar MEP or A/E firm preferred.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD.
• Minimum of 7+ years of HVAC design experience.
• Experience utilizing Microsoft office products such as Word and Excel.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Strongly prefer an EIT or PE, but must be willing to pursue.
• Experience with Revit a plus.
• Experience working in commercial projects.