Southwestern University is currently accepting applications for an HVAC Mechanic and Building Technician, which is available for immediate hire. This full-time, benefited position will maintain and repair various types of HVAC equipment and is responsible for apartment appliances. This position will assist with the maintenance and repair of commercial kitchen equipment, ice machines and all DX cooling/heating systems and equipment for the campus. This position will also maintain upgrades in HVAC and add on design equipment, perform inventory control of all parts and equipment, and assist other crafts when needed.
Successful applicants will meet the following job requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completed state testing to obtain a license for Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors.
- Refrigerant certification to comply with EPA regulations for proper handling of refrigerant.
- Minimum of one year of experience in the operation and troubleshooting of HVAC equipment.
- Minimum of one year of experience with general building maintenance.
- Specific knowledge of equipment operation and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Technical training for repair of HVAC equipment and troubleshooting skills.
- Completed testing to comply with EPA federal regulations for proper refrigerant practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints including wiring diagrams.
- Ability to read and understand shop and service manuals.
- Possess the applications of tact, diplomacy, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Possess characteristics of honesty and dependability.
- Possess a valid Texas driver’s license in good standing with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Applications may be obtained from Southwestern University, Office of Human Resources, Cullen Building, at the corner of University and Maple Avenue, Georgetown, TX and/or a resume, names, contact information of three professional references, along with salary expectation may be sent to: Human Resources, Job #849, Southwestern University, PO Box 770, Georgetown, TX, 78627-0770, or FAX: 512-863-1880, or email to email@example.com.
Review of applications and resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please no third party submissions. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of the University’s Background Check Policy process. Southwestern University is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F